• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

What is his connection to A&M? I thought he was a Yale baseball player.

He will be buried with wife, Barbara, and daughter, Robin, in College Station and the Bush Library as well as the George Bush Graduate School of government and public service is at Texas A&M.

Heisman odds have totally flipped since two weeks ago because of the play of Kyler Murray. He started the season at least 22-1 odds to win the award with Tua Tagovailo easily the favorite. Murray was down to about 6-1 two weeks ago but since his performance in the Big 12 title game, Tua getting hurt and Jalen Hurts reversing the roles from the title game last year & rescuing the team from the depths of defeat, the odds have flipped. They are now Tua at +177 and Murray at -247 on the Bookmaker sight so basically Murray is the prohibitive favorite tomorrow night thanks to the Heisman voters waiting till the season was completely over to cast their vote.

Stat comparisons
Tua--3353 passing yards, 67.7% completions, 37-4 TD-to-INT ratio, 190 rushing yards & 5 TD's, Passing eff 202.3 [#2 all time] Total QBR 94.6
Kyler--4053 passing yards, 70.9% completions, 40-7 TD-to-INT ratio, 892 rushing yards & 11 TD's, Passing eff 205.7 [#1 all time] Total QBR 96.0

Love Tua but after their championship game performances Kyler should win.

As long as its not a Buckeye scumbag I'm cool with it.

Looks like Kyler is the fave on the betting sites, which surprised me a little bit.

Best point in Tua's favor is that his stats would be even sillier if he had Oklahoma's defense, or played the entirety of bama's games

WV's Will Grier is sitting out their bowl game against Cuse in anticipation of the NFL draft. Understand it, but don't like it.

Maybe we are beginning to see a shift from seeing the bowl game as the end of the season to the bowl game as the start of Spring practice.

Perhaps the trip itself is the reward for the season but the practice and game are the start of Spring.

WV's Will Grier is sitting out their bowl game against Cuse in anticipation of the NFL draft. Understand it, but don't like it.

I get it’s largely an injury avoidance thing, but he’d light up that Cuse D. Bummer.

Back