• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

MTSU's coach must have spent the offseason with Ron Rivera learning clock management techniques.

Justin Fields transferring. Rumors are to OSU. Shares the same QB coach as Haskins who loves Ryan Day (the coach and Haskins).

Biff weeps.

Justin Fields transferring. Rumors are to OSU. Shares the same QB coach as Haskins who loves Ryan Day (the coach and Haskins).

Biff weeps.

Pretty bizarre situation. Goes to a school with a known stud with at least 2 years of eligibility ahead of him then leaves after one season because of lack of playing time? And now wants to petition the NCAA to play immediately next season lol. That said, seems like an Oklahoma would potentially be a good fit. Would he really want to go to OSU and potentially just end up behind Martell?

Pretty bizarre situation. Goes to a school with a known stud with at least 2 years of eligibility ahead of him then leaves after one season because of lack of playing time? And now wants to petition the NCAA to play immediately next season lol. That said, seems like an Oklahoma would potentially be a good fit. Would he really want to go to OSU and potentially just end up behind Martell?

And this is the second 5* QB to transfer from UGA in the past few years.
They don't seem to realize that they all can't start all the time.

Fields is the 8th highest ranked recruit in history at any position. Martell was an elite HS QB, but is 5'10" and there's uncertainty about his arm talent. I see Martell's ceiling as a poor man's Johnny Football (still could be very good). My relatively uneducated comp for Fields would be a worse passing but better running Deshaun Watson.

Also, Oklahoma has the #1 QB in the country in Spencer Rattler (5* recruit and 5* name) coming in next year.

Haskins is a draft eligible sophomore. In Fields goes to tOSU, he must have info, through the QB coach, that Haskins is headed to the NFL.

I had heard that Haskins was mulling over his NFL prospects.

Fields is the 8th highest ranked recruit in history at any position. Martell was an elite HS QB, but is 5'10" and there's uncertainty about his arm talent. I see Martell's ceiling as a poor man's Johnny Football (still could be very good). My relatively uneducated comp for Fields would be a worse passing but better running Deshaun Watson.

Also, Oklahoma has the #1 QB in the country in Spencer Rattler (5* recruit and 5* name) coming in next year.

Yeah I guess that just really reinforces the point that you can�t just roll up to ANY elite program and expect not to have some seriously tough competition for the starting QB spot.

Haskins is a draft eligible sophomore. In Fields goes to tOSU, he must have info, through the QB coach, that Haskins is headed to the NFL.

Could make sense if he feels he will get drafted highly enough. Seems unlikely he will move ahead of Tua or Fromm next season.

And this is the second 5* QB to transfer from UGA in the past few years.
They don't seem to realize that they all can't start all the time.

Fromm and Fields both grew up in GA. They were probably Bulldog fans their entire lives and always wanted to play for UGA. Eason as a bit of an outlier.

No one seriously expects Haskins to stay. He's a sure fire first rounder, and a lot of mocks have him in the top 10 (1st or 2nd QB taken).

Fromm and Fields both grew up in GA. They were probably Bulldog fans their entire lives and always wanted to play for UGA. Eason as a bit of an outlier.

You're right. Too many people are UGA fans in Georgia.
It's amazing the QBs that GA has produced recently. In fact, last year Fields and Trevor Lawrence (Clemson) the top 2 QBs in the country, played at high schools about 15 miles apart. Something in the water maybe.

Biff weeps.

No big deal really. Got Jake for another year or tow and already signed another top QB. I’m sure Fields will be great though and it doesn’t surprise me that Ohio needs backup players from Georgia to compete.

You're right. Too many people are UGA fans in Georgia.
It's amazing the QBs that GA has produced recently. In fact, last year Fields and Trevor Lawrence (Clemson) the top 2 QBs in the country, played at high schools about 15 miles apart. Something in the water maybe.

Desaun Watson also from Georgia.

Best name for a QB since Colt McCoy.

Back