• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

Nah, the NCAA will grant his hardship waiver because of racist Georgia fans and baseball players calling him the N word, and it going public. Pretty typical Dawg behavior, unfortunately.

No, he's not making it up. He just significantly enhanced it. I haven't read anything anywhere mentioning "racist Georgia fans", baseball players, or racism being "typical Dawg behavior". The article states that it was one ignorant baseball player who was summarily dismissed from the team. To think Fields' transfer is racially motivated is absurd, particularly with his sister coming to UGA to play softball. He just doesn't want to sit behind Fromm for another year and wants to play right away. I don't blame him for that. But be honest about it.

I have been around UGA football for 18 years. I've attended dozens of games, both home and away, I've crashed tailgates, invited people to crash our tailgate, and met a lot of Bulldog fans. I've never heard one racial slur. I'm sure there are other ignorant people beyond this one baseball player. But to claim this is "typical Dawg behavior" is disingenuous.

I believe the claim that it was "typical Dawg behavior" was meant to get under the skin of the tiresome* Dawg fans on the Wake Forest Sports board

*exactly equally as tiresome as the OSU and Appy fans on the Wake Forest Sports board

After a couple late switches yesterday, FSU and Ohio State may both be looking to add recruits. It is interesting that both those teams have been mentioned as possible landing spots for Fields.

UGA added the Ohio State flip and a JUCO QB who was a walk on at UGA before. There was another kid who was committed to UGA but did not sign Rhys? it will be interesting to see what he does. He can't be too happy being committed for so long and then have the school add another QB.

I wish 247 or Rivals would do a better job of showing who is "committed" and who has actually signed right now.

images

How about Frank Solich still coaching and doing a pretty good job at Ohio. Had no idea he was still there and they looked damn good last night.

How about Frank Solich still coaching and doing a pretty good job at Ohio. Had no idea he was still there and they looked damn good last night.

Ohio did look good, but Solich looked like he was approaching Weekend at Bernie's status.

Wow Urban Meyer going to teach a course on “leadership” for OSU’s business school. Seems like a really tone deaf move given the controversy of the last few months.

Sorry the actual topic is “Leadership and Character”. Even more laughable.

2018 offical College Football thread

USF is awful. They were ranked at 7-0. Now they will likely finish 7-6. They weren’t that good at 7-0 but they’re horrible now.

Charlie Strong getting absolutely ripped for not going for it on 4th down and kicking a FG down 21. I mean...it IS a meaningless bowl game so really no point in NOT being aggressive.

USF is awful. They were ranked at 7-0. Now they will likely finish 7-6. They weren’t that good at 7-0 but they’re horrible now.

Still able to beat a middle of the ACC pack Ga Tech team.

Wow Urban Meyer going to teach a course on “leadership” for OSU’s business school. Seems like a really tone deaf move given the controversy of the last few months.

Well I guess he’s more qualified than Tressel.

I believe the claim that it was "typical Dawg behavior" was meant to get under the skin of the tiresome* Dawg fans on the Wake Forest Sports board

*exactly equally as tiresome as the OSU and Appy fans on the Wake Forest Sports board

Meh. Why wouldn’t we discuss two of the top teams in college football. Would you prefer we spend more time breaking down BC’s blowout loss to Purdue the week after they beat us ?

don’t forget the Bama and Michigan fanboys

Being a Michigan football fanboy along with a Wake basketball fanboy seems like just about the most miserable fan existence in fandom.

Also, @Biff, Tressel is the president of a university (Youngstown St) these days!

Army 42- Houston 7 at half. Jeff Monkin has done an absolutely incredible job there.

Back