• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

11 wins for Army football this season, easily more than Wake Forest basketball will get.

I don't put a whole lot of weight on bowl games, but the losses by USF, Houston, and Memphis are Exhibit H of why UCF does not deserve a shot at the playoff, ever.

I don't put a whole lot of weight on bowl games, but the losses by USF, Houston, and Memphis are Exhibit H of why UCF does not deserve a shot at the playoff, ever.

so, you put more weight on those games than UCF vs. Auburn last year ?

so, you put more weight on those games than UCF vs. Auburn last year ?

I put more weight on three games than one game, but not a lot of weight.

To expound further, Memphis had a top 5 offense nationally and couldn't move the ball against a Wake Forest defense that is honestly not all that great.

Houston just didn't show up and was missing its best player, but still, that was pathetic.

USF, also pathetic.

Last edited:
I put more weight on three games than one game, but not a lot of weight.

To expound further, Memphis had a top 5 offense nationally and couldn't move the ball against a Wake Forest defense that is honestly not all that great.

Houston just didn't show up and was missing its best player, but still, that was pathetic.

USF, also pathetic.

Yeah that kid from Memphis averaging 8.9 per rush couldn’t do anything

You put more weight about UCF on three games not involving UCF than a game that did involve UCF.

Good point. They could have used him, but they were also playing against a team missing its best offensive player.

Yeah, the Memphis offense didn’t take advantage of the Wake offense being without Dortch.

Yeah, the Memphis offense didn’t take advantage of the Wake offense being without Dortch.

Are you serious ? Obviously it's easier to outscore a team missing its best offensive player. That's what Wake did yesterday.

Memphis still had their thousand yard rusher. Wake pretty much shut the Memphis offense down. Wake's revamped D is good but not top 20 good.

yeah, but Houston didn't play UCF, so comparing them makes a lot of sense !

They're a bowl team from the same conference with multiple common opponents. UCF has a 1-point win over Memphis and a 15-point win over Memphis. Now that you've actually seen Memphis play, what do you think Clemson and Notre Dame would have done to Memphis at any point in this season ?

They're a bowl team from the same conference with multiple common opponents. UCF has a 1-point win over Memphis and a 15-point win over Memphis. Now that you've actually seen Memphis play, what do you think Clemson and Notre Dame would have done to Memphis at any point in this season ?

I don’t really care. But Notre Dame struggled with Pitt. UCF did not.

Other schools sucking from the AAC doesn’t mean UCF sucks, but it sure doesn’t look good.

And biff must really think UCF sucks if he’s saying Clemson and Notre Dame would stomp them... Because we all know he doesn’t think much of Clemson and Notre Dame.

FWIW, I agree with biff that UCF doesn’t belong anywhere near the playoff, but I don’t really support his “Exhibit H.”

Would like to know A - G, though.

Other schools sucking from the AAC doesn’t mean UCF sucks, but it sure doesn’t look good.

And biff must really think UCF sucks if he’s saying Clemson and Notre Dame would stomp them... Because we all know he doesn’t think much of Clemson and Notre Dame.

You are exactly correct. If you applied any sort of transitive property to these teams Clemson would open as a 17-point favorite over UCF with a healthy QB and the money would be all over Clemson.

Back