• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

I wonder if we'll ever figure out how those three Clemson players got that ostarine into their urine

Really like Dabo overall. Still feel that he does his fair share of acting - he knows the cameras are on him and he puts on a bit of a show. As opposed to Saban, who could care less. Not really a critique, just an observation. Obviously it’s effective.

I wonder if we'll ever figure out how those three Clemson players got that ostarine into their urine

Surprised people didn't make a bigger deal of this, honestly. If they tested 10 players (this is what I read/was told) and 3 came back positive, that's a damn high proportion. Did they test the rest of the team?

Like Dabo too. Think, the "do your job" directive was aimed at the sideline official.

He is why Clemson has brought their program up to and maybe past Bama. Recruits want to play for him. Coaches want to stay on his staff. Think Saban runs his staff like a rehab clinic, because he has to. Don't think it's enjoyable coaching under Saban, and those working under him look to leave ASAP. Also, while coaches generally like to have their former players visit, have heard that Clemson's former players return to practice and work out with the current players at a greater rate than any other.

One last thing. If not for the 3 year rule, Lawrence would be the #1 pick in the NFL draft this year. Justyn Ross would be a first round pick too. Scary to think they will be around for two more years (also, very unfair that they lose two years of ability to earn millions).

They’ll gain revenue on the back end by being ready to play and having better stats for their second contracts. The constant discussion of NFL prospects of underclassmen was exhausting. The announcers didn’t know how to handle it when Lawrence said he wanted to win three more championships.

Surprised people didn't make a bigger deal of this, honestly. If they tested 10 players (this is what I read/was told) and 3 came back positive, that's a damn high proportion. Did they test the rest of the team?

yeah then them all rallying around the suspended players as if they were injured was a bad look

yeah then them all rallying around the suspended players as if they were injured was a bad look

Fowler quickly squelching Herbstreit's mention of it was also a bad look, except as viewed through the lens of his Disney Overlords

They’ll gain revenue on the back end by being ready to play and having better stats for their second contracts. The constant discussion of NFL prospects of underclassmen was exhausting. The announcers didn’t know how to handle it when Lawrence said he wanted to win three more championships.

Pretty cavalier way to handle the possibility of career-ending or even a career limiting injury. The choice should be Lawrence's and Ross' as to whether they want to wait to earn the revenue on the back end. The game has changed since the Clarett decision which was poorly decided in the first place. Would be great if Lawrence stays for 4 years, but the choice should be his, and not a rule the uniformly and randomly declares that no player can earn a living for 3 years playing football until 3 years after HS.

Also, Ross and Lawrence are more ready to play in today's NFL than a lot of the players currently in the league.

2018 offical College Football thread

If it’s all about injury, why bother with college at all? Or even high school? Just find promising 12 year olds and let them train by themselves in a NFL practice facility.

The raving about Lawrence is ridiculous in the big scheme of things. Sure he looks great but the list of championship and Heisman freshmen QBs isn’t a list of sure things. Look on the field last night. Tua got exposed and Hurt got passed over. Jameis looked fantastic as a freshman and he’s a questionable NFL starter. And then there is Manziel.

So let’s pump the brakes on Lawrence and let him play as long as he wants in college.

Dabo has an overpaid lifer at DC whearas Saban's assistants have ambition beyond their current employer.

It is interesting that none of Dabo's assistants names hardly ever come up in connection with a HC opening. Tony Elliot's (co- OC) name came up in the GT search as Elliot actually went to Tech and has an engineers degree. Venebles is from Kansas and went to K-State and played ball there. For a long time when he was DC at Oklahoma a lot of folks thought he was waiting for Snyder to retire to get that job. Now however it looks like he has no ambition to leave Clemson. Saban on the other hand has had numerous assistants come and go while still keeping the Tide at or near the top of the heap.

To me the only way Clemson is weakened is if assistants leave. Dabo is certainly no X/O Zen master of play calling but can recruit his brains out. Maybe & entire staff take over the gig with the Cleveland Browns but I doubt it.

Really like Dabo overall. Still feel that he does his fair share of acting - he knows the cameras are on him and he puts on a bit of a show. As opposed to Saban, who could care less. Not really a critique, just an observation. Obviously it’s effective.

Yeah, like I posted last night, he was laying on the "little ole me and little ole Clemson" stuff too thick. He's done an incredible job at Clemson, as has Sabin at Alabama. However, it's not like either of them took over a program that didn't have all the resources or potential to become or return to being an elite program. Both just happened to be the right guys at the right time to take them back or to that level.

Jimbo may have aTm heading in the right direction - first recruiting class #16, goes 9-4 in first season, second recruiting class currently ranked #4 - but 2019 is going to be a rough year for them.

OOC @Clemson
Rotating SEC East opponent is @Georgia
Plus regular SEC West games vs Bama and @LSU

So playing the teams that finished 1, 2, 6 and 7 this year.

Jimbo may have aTm heading in the right direction - first recruiting class #16, goes 9-4 in first season, second recruiting class currently ranked #4 - but 2019 is going to be a rough year for them.

OOC @Clemson
Rotating SEC East opponent is @Georgia
Plus regular SEC West games vs Bama and @LSU

So playing the teams that finished 1, 2, 6 and 7 this year.

A&M is a program with Clemson type potential, but I don't know if Jimbo is the guy to do it.

If it’s all about injury, why bother with college at all? Or even high school? Just find promising 12 year olds and let them train by themselves in a NFL practice facility.

The raving about Lawrence is ridiculous in the big scheme of things. Sure he looks great but the list of championship and Heisman freshmen QBs isn’t a list of sure things. Look on the field last night. Tua got exposed and Hurt got passed over. Jameis looked fantastic as a freshman and he’s a questionable NFL starter. And then there is Manziel.

So let’s pump the brakes on Lawrence and let him play as long as he wants in college.

tOSU qb who just started the playoff games and then went pro.

Jimbo is not the coach that Dabo is.

I think it's more Jimbo isn't the program builder Dabo is. I don't think Dabo is a great coach as far as teaching the game really, but I think he is a great promoter/recruiter/proponent/face for the program.

I think it's more Jimbo isn't the program builder Dabo is. I don't think Dabo is a great coach as far as teaching the game really, but I think he is a great promoter/recruiter/proponent/face for the program.

Yes, I think that’s right. Jimbo is probably a better coach in the purest sense of the word, but Dabo is a better head coach, in the sense of being a program manager / builder.

all-these-flavors-and-you-choose-to-be-salty-31668451.png

Back