• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

Stop getting bent out of shame and calling me the “thought police” for having an opinion.

I didn’t see any bold advocacy for changing NFL labor policies. I saw silly speculation.

Now if you want to talk about unfair labor practices, let’s talk about college athletes not getting paid for their labor but let’s not talk about a good rule that has protected the careers of hundreds of athletes. The NFL has no minor league, no guaranteed contracts. 18 year old entrants would be lambs to the slaughter.

Dabo has shown everyone the blueprint. No coaching turnover, get draft eligible players to stick around, recruit an elite roster complete with first overall quarterback, etc.

Easy. Definitely cracked the code that no one had ever thought about.

Dabo has shown everyone the blueprint. No coaching turnover, get draft eligible players to stick around, recruit an elite roster complete with first overall quarterback, etc.

Cowherd had a good take on Tuesdays show. He said of 'Bama/Clemson, "One is a factory, the other is a family. Both succeed for different reasons." I think Claw is following the family model.

Cowherd had a good take on Tuesdays show. He said of 'Bama/Clemson, "One is a factory, the other is a family. Both succeed for different reasons." I think Claw is following the family model.

I’m not so sure about that. Clawson might be more Saban than Dabo if you are insisting on a comparison. Grobe was definitely more Dabo.

Can't disagree.
That's what I said earlier. Msg 2988.

I think you have Army way too low at 17. They almost beat OK at Ok and absolutely embarassed Houston

They beat the University of Houston and the City of Houston is very proud of our university. We are never embarrassed and look forward to lots of great times with Coach Holgerson.

I think you have Army way too low at 17. They almost beat OK at Ok and absolutely embarassed Houston

I see your point, but also thought it would be tough to move them higher since their "best performances" were a loss, as close as the game at OK was, and a blowout against a Houston team missing their best player and having quit on their coach in early November. There were actually only 12 (of 61) voters who had Army higher than I did.

Jalen Hursts now officially transferring from Bama.
He was 26-2 and the SEC POY as a freshman.

This, on top of Fields transferring from UGA to OSU
Will be interesting to see where Hurts ends up.

Would think that MD would be a possibility since the Bama OC is now the Terps HC.

I don’t get the Syracuse love.

Have seen them show up in the Top 15 of many of these too early Top 25s.

I know they have a decent QB to take over for Dungey, but those are huge shoes to fill.

Houston and TCU also among the frontrunners per the offshore sites -- Hurts is from Texas

Back