• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

As long as he can still practice/be involved in gameplans etc. to better develop his knowledge of the position

Kyler looking likely to enter the NFL draft. This doesn’t necessarily impact his contract with the As, but could force him to return his signing bonus if he leaves Spring Training to attend the combine.
As an avid follower of the MLB draft and college baseball, I think this is the right decision. It was inexplicable that he got drafted as highly as he did. His college numbers are pedestrian at best.
His size will obviously be discussed, but this is a weak QB draft and if he can get drafted in the first round it will set him up with more money than I project he’ll ever make in baseball.
To me, his MLB projection is a worse Billy Hamilton (if that’s possible).

Kyler looking likely to enter the NFL draft. This doesn’t necessarily impact his contract with the As, but could force him to return his signing bonus if he leaves Spring Training to attend the combine.
As an avid follower of the MLB draft and college baseball, I think this is the right decision. It was inexplicable that he got drafted as highly as he did. His college numbers are pedestrian at best.
His size will obviously be discussed, but this is a weak QB draft and if he can get drafted in the first round it will set him up with more money than I project he’ll ever make in baseball.

Agree that this is the right move as keeping his baseball and football options gives him leverage in all future negotiations regardless of which sport he chooses.

Disagree with the assessment of Murray as a baseball player. He has Billy Hamilton's wheels with power and a better arm. There are risks with the projection of any player, but the general perception of Murray among scouts is that he is a baseball player with elite athletic skills, and not an elite athlete trying to play baseball.

I agree, if he can get 1st round QB money, he should probably go that route. However, he is also a phenomenal baseball prospect. I have no idea where you are getting the Billy Hamilton comps, the main comp I have seen is Andrew McCutchen. He hit .261/.381/.4666 with 10 home runs, 53 RBIs and 22 steals and he basically just shows up for baseball season without practicing. The guy is an absolutely outrageous athlete.

I agree, if he can get 1st round QB money, he should probably go that route. However, he is also a phenomenal baseball prospect. I have no idea where you are getting the Billy Hamilton comps, the main comp I have seen is Andrew McCutchen. He hit .261/.381/.4666 with 10 home runs, 53 RBIs and 22 steals and he basically just shows up for baseball season without practicing. The guy is an absolutely outrageous athlete.

For a top 10 pick, those are not good numbers for your college career at all. I also don’t see his power projecting out to a wooden bat for a long time, if ever.
These are just my impressions from watching him play college. The MLB draft is a crapshoot so we’ll see! Well, I hope we’ll see unless he just decides to only play football.

Gattis going to Maryland with Locksley and becoming sole OC.

Sorry didn’t see the post above mine!

The day will come when athletes with pro prospects will leave their colleges, sign with a big agency, and train/scrimmage safely at their facilities until they can get drafted.

What a season. We’ve had people argue that Kelly Bryant was a bad teammate for preserving his redshirt year to transfer and start his masters degree. Now we have people arguing that Lawrence would be smart to sit on his ass for two years.

What a season. We’ve had people argue that Kelly Bryant was a bad teammate for preserving his redshirt year to transfer and start his masters degree. Now we have people arguing that Lawrence would be smart to sit on his ass for two years.

college sports are dying

Tate Martell to transfer from OSU. Miami and WVU reportedly likely destinations. This comes just days after he tried to scare Fields away from transferring and said he was the starter and not going anywhere.

Dude's a more annoying Johnny Football 2.0, but less good. He was pretty brutal on that QB1 show, too.

Tate Martell to transfer from OSU. Miami and WVU reportedly likely destinations. This comes just days after he tried to scare Fields away from transferring and said he was the starter and not going anywhere.

Dude's a more annoying Johnny Football 2.0, but less good. He was pretty brutal on that QB1 show, too.

He was unbearable on that show. At least we got to see his family though so we know why he is the way he is.

He was unbearable on that show. At least we got to see his family though so we know why he is the way he is.

Yeah his sister Rylee is an Instagram model, whom Justin Fields followed the other day and liked a bunch of her pics (not friends with/doesn't follow Tate). Solid troll job.

Also, his real name is Tathan which is just hilarious.

I don't think that's true. He could do his own thing for two years and still be the #1 pick.

Quite possibly. Taking part in football activities the next two years will probably help his long-term prospects though, even if it's helping him succeed once he is the #1 pick.

And TBH the odds of him suffering a debilitating injury over the next two years are quite low

Transfer market looks pretty good this year. Jalen Hurts can play right away, Brandon Wimbush from ND and Shane Buechle from Texas are expected to be on the market as well. Now add Martell. Even with Francois staying put at FSU, that is some interesting options.

Hurts would definitely start for Wake next year, if hell froze over, and he came to MSD, but the rest I don't know. Martell and Wimbush would seem to fit our offense, but unclear if they would start over our current guys.

(Its a dumb hypothetical I know, but we have like 7 more months of this, so why not indulge. What you would rather talk about Basketball?)

Quite possibly. Taking part in football activities the next two years will probably help his long-term prospects though, even if it's helping him succeed once he is the #1 pick.

And TBH the odds of him suffering a debilitating injury over the next two years are quite low

assuming he doesn't try something stupid like he did against Cuse which got him concussed

With a serviceable offensive line he'd make every ACC defense except Clemson's look like Swiss cheese. And he looked good enough against Clemson's two years ago. He was SEC Offensive Player of the Year.

Back