• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

You don't like the rules?
The running into the kicker, the guy didn't even touch him.

The not being able to jump over a guy to try to block a punt is just a beyond dumb rule. I guess RBs jumping over piles to try to score a TD should also result in a 15-yard penalty on the RB.

In the mid 70's, we had a few years when we played at Penn State, Michigan, Oklahoma and Texas.
We got killed in all these games, but we played there.

Yep. Those were painful games. If we could play competitively in those games, like App.St. has, it would be a great investment and experience. But getting humiliated on national TV is hardly worth the experience.

Things might be different now; but after the Tulane game...I'm just glad we weren't playing Penn. State.

Said before and will say again, would rather play those type of games than play in some shitty bowl. And that's only in the rare years where we finish 5-7 instead of 6-6 b/c we scheduled a tough road game (IF we lose it)

In the mid 70's, we had a few years when we played at Penn State, Michigan, Oklahoma and Texas.
We got killed in all these games, but we played there.

10/5/74 Oklahoma 63 Wake 0
10/12/74 Penn State 55 Wake 0

Part of a stretch of being shut out 5 straight games

Just got back from State College. Hell of a weekend, hell of a game, hell of a gameday experience in Happy Valley. If you've never been it needs to on your bucket list. App had that place as quiet as they had Neyland 2 years ago. I wish Wake would play games like this so I could knock off more bucket list stadiums. App has Wisconsin, Auburn, Texas A&M, and Miami on the schedule in future years and you can bet that my ass will be at most of those.

That sounds like a lot of fun. Hoping to see more games like that with teams I care about. NCSU up in Morgantown next year will be fun even though i've been there a few times due to the wifes family. Need more OOC Home and Homes and less of these "kickoff" type games at neutral sites IMO.

Said before and will say again, would rather play those type of games than play in some shitty bowl. And that's only in the rare years where we finish 5-7 instead of 6-6 b/c we scheduled a tough road game (IF we lose it)

I agree with this 100%. Also think that Wake could have ran with Penn State this weekend. They looked like shit on defense and just did a good job of exploiting their only clear advantage to score points, App's d line couldn't plug the middle to save their lives. I think Wake would have held them to under 30 and could have easily put up as much as App did.

Yep. Those were painful games. If we could play competitively in those games, like App.St. has, it would be a great investment and experience. But getting humiliated on national TV is hardly worth the experience.

Things might be different now; but after the Tulane game...I'm just glad we weren't playing Penn. State.

People getting fooled into thinking the Big 10 is good once again this year smh.

10/5/74 Oklahoma 63 Wake 0
10/12/74 Penn State 55 Wake 0

Part of a stretch of being shut out 5 straight games

However, we made the cover of Sports Illustrated for the Oklahoma game.
Joe Washington (IIRC) got his helmet ripped off at the line of scrimmage and then ran for about 50 yards without his hat for a TD. It was actually a great photo.....just sorry it was against us.

If only we could be as good as App State, but they clearly play at another level than we do. This was clearly on display when we beat them on the road last year.

Just got back from State College. Hell of a weekend, hell of a game, hell of a gameday experience in Happy Valley. If you've never been it needs to on your bucket list. App had that place as quiet as they had Neyland 2 years ago. I wish Wake would play games like this so I could knock off more bucket list stadiums. App has Wisconsin, Auburn, Texas A&M, and Miami on the schedule in future years and you can bet that my ass will be at most of those.
Wisconsin and A&M are better than PSU, inside the stadium. Miami isn't what it was in the 80's in the Orange Bowl. Auburn is OK.

I despise PSU , but on what universe are they better than PSU? And Auburn is just ok?

This year we are playing ND, Clemson and FSU. How freaking hard do you want the schedule to be?

And recruits want to go to bowl games, so if you want good recruits you need to go to bowl games.

This year we are playing ND, Clemson and FSU. How freaking hard do you want the schedule to be?

And recruits want to go to bowl games, so if you want good recruits you need to go to bowl games.

Plus, bowl games pay more in TV revenue I assume.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Sam Hartman is ranked fifth in the nation with 378 yards passing. Greg Dortch is tied for third in the nation with twelve receptions and fourteenth nationally with 149 receiving yards. Sage Surratt is tied for sixth in the nation with 11 receptions and thirteenth nationally with 150 receiving yards.

The Demon Deacons rank twelfth nationally with 378 passing yards and 25th with 548 total yards. They are tied for eleventh nationally with 32 total first downs. Twenty first downs passing rank fifth nationally.

That is all.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Sam Hartman is ranked fifth in the nation with 378 yards passing. Greg Dortch is tied for third in the nation with twelve receptions and fourteenth nationally with 149 receiving yards. Sage Surratt is tied for sixth in the nation with 11 receptions and thirteenth nationally with 150 receiving yards.

The Demon Deacons rank twelfth nationally with 378 passing yards and 25th with 548 total yards. They are tied for eleventh nationally with 32 total first downs. Twenty first downs passing rank fifth nationally.

That is all.

Great. I hope we improve on those stats next week. After that, probably not.

This year's schedule is fine, but we should have a game of ND's caliber every year, IMO. Recruits want to go to big-time venues and play in front of packed stadiums in addition to getting swag and getting a trip to a 20% full stadium in Detroit.

And again, I completely reject the idea that scheduling up non-conference and making bowls are mutually exclusive. We can do both

Back