• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

I always found it weird when he was immediately considered the front-runner when Jimbo left. For a top-5ish job, dude's track record is rather unimpressive and short.

He has inherited programs in not great situations. WKU (winless year before he took over), USF (three-win season) and Oregon (four-win season after Helfrich ran em into the ground) all were in very low ebbs when he took them over and improved them all significantly.

Still didn't see long enough of him at UO to know if he'd get them back to the top. Definitely not a 100% lock he wins big there

VT blocks the punt and scores.

FSU deserves to lose with those ugly uniforms.

I like how you can basically murder the punter if you block the punt, but if you don't block it, it's a penalty even if you just gently brush against the guy.

Foster is not my favorite guy; but you have to admire the way his defenses play.

I mean, it's only a 14 point game but it seriously feels like the Willie Taggart experiment is going to go horribly horribly wrong.

I always found it weird when he was immediately considered the front-runner when Jimbo left. For a top-5ish job, dude's track record is rather unimpressive and short.

He’s still a hot up and coming young coach. And his track record is better than Jimbo and Bobby’s when they took the job.

I mean, it's only a 14 point game but it seriously feels like the Willie Taggart experiment is going to go horribly horribly wrong.

It's on the verge of looking like the Miami-LSU game last night.

It's on the verge of looking like the Miami-LSU game last night.

At least the ACC will not be embarrassed this evening.

Both teams are really athletic and talented.

Now the officials may be a bit embarrassing.

I like the number fonts on both jerseys. That is all.

At least the ACC will not be embarrassed this evening.

Both teams are really athletic and talented.

Now the officials may be a bit embarrassing.

You're right. The game last night did nothing to help the ACC vs SEC argument.

This your first college football game or something? 14 points (should really be 10) is nothing.

He’s still a hot up and coming young coach. And his track record is better than Jimbo and Bobby’s when they took the job.

I know Taggart’s resume and turnaround successes... But he’s still 47-50 overall.

Jimbo Fisher didn’t have HC experience, but his “track record” was pretty impressive.

Of course, I hate FSU and want them to suck... So grain of salt, etc.

The only year Taggart did not improve his program's previous win total was his first at USF, when they fell from three to two wins. He built up USF to the point where they were toe-to-toe with UCF last year, and maybe beat them if that game was in Tampa (I know Charlie Strong was the coach).

He had two rough years his first years at W. Kentucky and USF where he went 2-10 after he had inherited very little. If you remove those years he's 43-30 -- much more respectable, especially given the context of where the programs were when he took the jobs.

Not saying he's a slam-dunk coach but I don't think his record is a particularly strong argument against him

Agree that a head coaching W/L record (in any sport) needs context.

But 47-50 is what it is.

He has always moved on to the next job... That obviously won’t happen this time (unless he is successful enough for a NFL gig).

Basically a younger, black Dave Clawson.

This your first college football game or something? 14 points (should really be 10) is nothing.

I acknowledged that it was a small margin in my statement and how that contrasted my feelings about Taggart. Is this your first time reading or something?

I acknowledged that it was a small margin in my statement and how that contrasted my feelings about Taggart. Is this your first time reading or something?
wasn't directed at you

Back