• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

This your first college football game or something? 14 points (should really be 10) is nothing.

Agree, but they just flashed a stat that showed VT was like 49-1 in the last 15 years once up 14. Loss was to UGA over a decade ago.

Watching the All-22 on ESPN3 is awesome.

Ticker on the bottom just shows stats about the game.

I wanted to make that comparison, but Clawson has had some down years at pretty much every stop.
Besides USF being a better program than Bowling Green, what am I missing? It would be like if Clawson was 8 years younger and left for a place like Texas after the win over A&M last year. People around the country would've been like "Huh?"

I'm also a little tipsy, though.

If a coach wants to be considered exceptional, I think that he must not only build a team that wins for 2 or 3 seasons...he must sustain a winning program over a protracted period of time. That is what makes Bear Bryant and Bobby Bowden and others like them exceptional. If guys like Clawson want to be regarded as great they need to settle in at a school and win over a decade or two.

But, may be that is just my opinion.

I like Taggart, but I'm not sold on him. But I'm more sold on him than I am on FSU having a "rightful" spot at the top of college football. FL is a 5 program state now. It's just going to be that much harder to recruit depth in-state. FSU should compete for national championships but their fans should happy competing with Clemson for ACC Championships.

Last edited:
I wanted to make that comparison, but Clawson has had some down years at pretty much every stop.

Bowling Green ebbed down to 2-10 in 2010, but other than that I'm not really seeing another down year. And that may be explained away by that team being particularly barren, not sure.

Neither Clawson nor Taggart were overnight successes at most of their stops but few coaches are. Some of y'all are really damn impatient

I like Taggart, but I'm not sold on him. But I'm more sold on him than I am on FSU having a "rightful" spot at the top of college football. FL is a 5 program state now. It's just going to be that much harder to recruit depth in-state.

It’s still just UF/FSU, then Miami... Then the other two.

And there’s enough talent for everyone.

But I get your point.

Bowling Green ebbed down to 2-10 in 2010, but other than that I'm not really seeing another down year. And that may be explained away by that team being particularly barren, not sure.

Neither Clawson nor Taggart were overnight successes at most of their stops but few coaches are. Some of y'all are really damn impatient

I just meant that, as you stated, Taggart has never really had a down year.

Clawson had one at Bowling Green and another at Richmond.

Both are clearly good coaches.

Taggart does indeed have a great resume... My point was that he isn’t a sure thing at FSU.

My point on Clawson was that aside from just being older than Taggart, he also doesn’t have the “upside” potential of Taggart (if such a thing exists for a college football coach).

2018 offical College Football thread

Mostly I’m just bored, watching this game on mute, and posting a lot.

My point on Clawson was that aside from just being older than Taggart, he also doesn’t have the “upside” potential of Taggart (if such a thing exists for a college football coach).

Disagree on Clawson's upside, but I feel like we've trode over this territory before. I hope other ADs think like you!

A 6-5 year at Richmond is a down year seems harsh, especially when he got them to the FCS semis (losing in Boone to App at the height of their dominance) the next year. And left behind a program that won the FCS title the next season

I think we can play with FSU gentlemen. I'm watching the same team I watched last year and VT isn't doing anything special.

Florida State looks like hot garbage and deserves to be losing this game, but they have been on the wrong end of a number of high impact shitty calls and no-calls.

I think we can play with FSU gentlemen. I'm watching the same team I watched last year and VT isn't doing anything special.

Oh we absolutely can. Looking to me like 2-7 in the Atlantic is going to be a complete toss-up.

Francois seems like he might be a bad fit for what Taggart likes to do, generally he's had more mobile guys like Flowers at USF

Florida State looks like hot garbage and deserves to be losing this game, but they have been on the wrong end of a number of high impact shitty calls and no-calls.

If you are complaining about two roughing the kicker calls and have 3 pts on the scoreboard then you probably suck pretty bad. You are right they are hot garbage tonight/the past 13 games.

Back