• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

Coastal may come down to the UVA/VT finale.

UVA is 2-1 in conference; they play at Duke this weekend. After Duke they play home against UNC and Pitt;@ GT and @ VT. Also, as bad as they are, Pitt is 2-1 in the ACC; I'm sure they are thinking at WF should be a win for them.

Possible, but Virginia should lose this weekend and I doubt they run the table of vs UNC, vs Pitt and @ GT

Possible, but Virginia should lose this weekend and I doubt they run the table of vs UNC, vs Pitt and @ GT

I think they are the best out of those 4 teams, i'd be surprised if they don't go 3-1 through those 4.

If UVA beats Duke, UVA won't need run the table of UNC, Pitt and @ GT to win the Coastal, they would need to win 2 of those 3, and beat VT. The Hokies already lost to OSU and needed a miracle to beat UNC, no chance VT is going to go unbeaten before playing UVA. 6-2, at best, is going to win that half of the ACC.

Virginia isn't that good you guys. Their QB threw for under 100 yards and three picks on Saturday

That's the point. Everyone in that division sucks. Pitt and UVA are in the mix.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if 5-3 won the division -- don't think it'll happen since VT only has one road game left. But I think that's more likely than Virginia finishing 6-2

That's the point. Everyone in that division sucks. Pitt and UVA are in the mix.

We only have 1 real good team and that is Clemson and we only have 1 other team ranked in the Top 25 right now and that is NC State who is also undefeated and they play at Clemson this weekend and are coming in as 17 point underdogs. That said the Tigers really can't afford a loss this season if they want to make the CFP based on the ACC's weak standing.

Bowling Green fired head coach Mike Jinks after losing again (42-35 to W Michigan) on Saturday. BG is 1-6 on the season. BG had fallen apart after Clawson (left after the 2013 season when BG went 10-3) and then Dino Babers (left after the 2015 season when BG went 10-3) departed two years later as the talent level had dropped. Jinks three years at BG:

2016: 4-8 (3-5)
2017: 2-10 (2-6)
2018: 1-6 (0-3)

Carl Pelini (former Nebraksa HC Bo Pelini's brother is the interim head coach).

Jinks was the AHC/RB coach at Texas Tech under your boy Kliff.

Kliff's coaching tree has yet to sprout. That said, will be the first to acknowledge that, in year 6, looks like KK is getting it going in Lubbock. He's got a stud true frosh QB.

Virginia isn't that good you guys. Their QB threw for under 100 yards and three picks on Saturday

Which is essence means you are telling us that Miami sucks also. UVa throws 3 int's and still wins using their defense I guess because Miami also threw 3 int's and only had 190 yards passing. Now Miami goes on the road to BC which won't be easy at all.

If UVA beats Duke, UVA won't need run the table of UNC, Pitt and @ GT to win the Coastal, they would need to win 2 of those 3, and beat VT. The Hokies already lost to OSU and needed a miracle to beat UNC, no chance VT is going to go unbeaten before playing UVA. 6-2, at best, is going to win that half of the ACC.

There’s “no chance” VT goes unbeaten vs GT, BC, Pitt, Miami? It’s a tall task but not impossible.

You realize that UNC, playing without their starting QB, was up 19-14 on VT in the 4th quarter and had 1st and goal from the VT 1 yard line for the clinching score, and UNC then fumbled. VT then drove down 98 yards converting a 4th and 9 for the winning score. VT has not shown the ability to string together consecutive quality games. Don't see that team winning 5 straight conference games. Not realistic.

Not saying VT will run the table, but they did crush a pretty good Duke team on the road with the same quarterback.

You seem kinda in to gambling Pilch -- you should know that reading too much into the last outcome is just about the worst thing one can do

Not saying VT will run the table, but they did crush a pretty good Duke team on the road with the same quarterback.

You seem kinda in to gambling Pilch -- you should know that reading too much into the last outcome is just about the worst thing one can do

Not just the UNC outcome, not just the Duke outcome, but the ODU outcome and the ND outcome. All 4 games since the Hokie starting QB went out. VT is mediocre. They lost a TON off their defense from last year, and the VT offense is at best ordinary with Willis as QB. VT may win the Coastal but they are just one of a group of mediocre teams. As you stated above, 6-2, maybe even 5-3 wins that division. I would take the field over VT.

Not just the UNC outcome, not just the Duke outcome, but the ODU outcome and the ND outcome. All 4 games since the Hokie starting QB went out. VT is mediocre. They lost a TON off their defense from last year, and the VT offense is at best ordinary with Willis as QB. VT may win the Coastal but they are just one of a group of mediocre teams. As you stated above, 6-2, maybe even 5-3 wins that division. I would take the field over VT.

My point is that the Coastal is completely up for grabs, so saying there’s no chance one team will get hot, when that team at least possesses the talent to do so as much as anybody, doesn’t square. I agree they probably won’t run the table but there’s certainly a credible chance they could.

Technically, anything is possible, but VT is not going unbeaten in the ACC -- 8-0. They lost to ODU by double digits.

VT's gone undefeated in conference after an embarrassing loss to an in-state school before. They even won the conference that year (2010), and lost to an FCS foe (JMU), at home

Back