• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

With a serviceable offensive line he'd make every ACC defense except Clemson's look like Swiss cheese. And he looked good enough against Clemson's two years ago. He was SEC Offensive Player of the Year.

Sorry, youngReff, i was asking for answer from an non-homer.

Don’t think Hurts would start at MSD. Still only an average passing qb. Great athlete & good runner. He has played behind as good of an O line as you will ever see in college FB.

Don’t think Hurts would start at MSD. Still only an average passing qb. Great athlete & good runner. He has played behind as good of an O line as you will ever see in college FB.

I like Newman as our QB but Hurts is 2 to 3 times the runner than Newman is and pretty even as a passer. Do you think Newman would have a shot at SEC Offensive POY behind Alabama's line ?

By the way, who was a better player in 2017- Jalen Hurts or Nick Chubb? Or Sony Michel? Or Kerryon Johnson? Or Calvin Ridley?

He was. Can't believe he beat out Jarret Stidham, Jake Bentley, and Felipe Franks for the award. A murderer's row of QBs, to be sure.

Two of the three people you named didn't play in the SEC the year Hurts won. The third only played in the final 7 games. So, yeah, beating out those guys wasn't particularly hard.

See my next post. Hurts won because he started at QB for the best team in the league. Not because he was a great QB.

No dog in this fight. I was just pointing out that your initial argument was flawed (for a couple of reasons). Thanks for clarifying.

I’d say Hurts is a very good (perhaps great) college QB that has benefited from being on Alabama.

He’ll likely be good wherever he goes, especially because he’ll choose a program where he can showcase his skill set, but it’s unlikely that he’ll be as good as he was his frosh year at Bama.

No dog in this fight. I was just pointing out that your initial argument was flawed (for a couple of reasons). Thanks for clarifying.

I’d say Hurts is a very good (perhaps great) college QB that has benefited from being on Alabama.

He’ll likely be good wherever he goes, especially because he’ll choose a program where he can showcase his skill set, but it’s unlikely that he’ll be as good as he was his frosh year at Bama.

I think he'd be interesting in Willie Taggert's offense, but obviously with Francois still there, the timing isn't ideal. And I guess nobody is doing much of anything until their offensive line gets it together.

Back