• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

[QUOT and they are showing a true freshman, Ricky Person as the starter.E=Lohengrin;3131864]Did they lose that versatile jack of all trades fullback too? He was a big part of their success.[/QUOTE]

State loses H-back Samuels who had 13 starts & 404 yards and was tough at the goal line and they lose Hines who left early for the NFL. He was the one they moved from WR to RB last year & had over 1100 yards rushing. Gallaspy is their only returner but they show Ricky Person, a true freshman as the starter. There are 3 of 5 returning O-line back.

Wake will be rated as better than BC in the Sentinel rankings. BC at 58. Wake will be better than that. However, the Sentinel ranking is lower than some others have had BC for the upcoming season.

Wake is 43
State is 47

I’d venture to guess that whatever that publication is has underestimated the entire ACC Atlantic like normal. Going to be an extremely difficult division once again.

I’d venture to guess that whatever that publication is has underestimated the entire ACC Atlantic like normal. Going to be an extremely difficult division once again.

Yes, it will be a tough division but not really as tough nationally compared to say the Big Ten East with Ohio State, Michigan, Penn St & Mich St all being Top 10 possibilities. Or say the SEC West with Bama, Auburn, Miss St, A&M & LSU in the Top 25. We have the usual team, Clemson in the top 2 or 3, then drop all the way down to 18 before we find an over ranked FSU & hopefully an over ranked BC at 19. Personally I think we should be where BC is and be inside the top 20 and maybe have BC in the Top 25. I know we have better talent and coaching than Louisville & NC State and are far better than Syracuse & Pitt this season. Duke & BC are very talented and well coached.

Another tough division will be the Pac 12 North with Washington a legit playoff team and Stanford & Oregon being legit Top 25 teams. Meanwhile the ACC Costal is weak as water after Miami when it comes to being nationally strong. Duke is going to be highly competitive again but VT is young on defense, GT has to play both Clemson & Louisville from the other side and UNC has a lot of ground to make up.

Don't think FSU is overrated at 18 if Francois is healthy and back starting. He was named to the Maxwell Award watch list for a reason.

Yes, it will be a tough division but not really as tough nationally compared to say the Big Ten East with Ohio State, Michigan, Penn St & Mich St all being Top 10 possibilities. Or say the SEC West with Bama, Auburn, Miss St, A&M & LSU in the Top 25. We have the usual team, Clemson in the top 2 or 3, then drop all the way down to 18 before we find an over ranked FSU & hopefully an over ranked BC at 19. Personally I think we should be where BC is and be inside the top 20 and maybe have BC in the Top 25. I know we have better talent and coaching than Louisville & NC State and are far better than Syracuse & Pitt this season. Duke & BC are very talented and well coached.

Another tough division will be the Pac 12 North with Washington a legit playoff team and Stanford & Oregon being legit Top 25 teams. Meanwhile the ACC Costal is weak as water after Miami when it comes to being nationally strong. Duke is going to be highly competitive again but VT is young on defense, GT has to play both Clemson & Louisville from the other side and UNC has a lot of ground to make up.

More talent than State? That can't be so on paper. Agreed that we are better coached.

But not the stars of their offense except Finley.

We can have more talent than State. We have in the past. Recruiting rankings doesn't always equal actual talent.

Whether we do right now, not so sure

We can have more talent than State. We have in the past. Recruiting rankings doesn't always equal actual talent.

Whether we do right now, not so sure

Our problem is playing in Raleigh. Not talent differences.

I think that every team other than Clemson that you listed is ranked lower than the talent they have in the ACC Atlantic. SEC West, sure they are loaded. We will see with the Big Ten East, those guys never play anyone but themselves. I don't think they are there.

But not the stars of their offense except Finley.

State basically returns 4 of 5 OL (freshman RG was a co starter by the end of the year, a potential first round QB, and IMO, the best WR group in the ACC. If Kelvin Harmon isn't a star WR I don't know what is. Along with a senior RB who ran for 500 yards and 7 TD's in a really reduced backup role. The loss of Hines and Samuels stinks, but plenty of talent behind them. Offense will be different but less Samuels means more Jacobi Meyers. His numbers while only being on the field ~65% of the time were insane. The offense loses a bunch but is still LOADED.

Defense will be more interesting. Personally, I think that unit will be statistically equivalent to last season but not as talented individually. If Roseboro and a DB or two don't come out like coaches are expecting, that will be a problem.

ACC was hot garbage last year and Clemson didn't belong in the playoff.

ACC was hot garbage last year and Clemson didn't belong in the playoff.

That's a stupid comment.

Heading into the playoff, Clemson was 5-0 against ranked teams, which was the best record of any team in college football. Clemson beat Auburn who had beaten Bama and UGA; Clemson destroyed Miami who was #2 in the BCS rankings at the time. Not only was Clemson justifiably in the playoff; they were correctly the #1 seed. Bama was playing with revenge from the year before, and ended up as the #1 team in the nation. So, Clemson lost in a low scoring game. Despite the loss, Clemson deserved the playoff bid and the #1 seed.

Yet a medicore-as-fuck South Carolina team was Georgia's biggest threat in the SEC East.

And don't give me that they beat State. They got outgained 2-to-1, State gave that one to them on a silver platter. And SC had their best player then, who got hurt two weeks later

Back