• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

Definitely not living up to the hype of “Harbaugh and Michigan finally found a good QB,” though maybe Harbaugh will give McCaffrey a chance to win the job after tonight.

Yep. Maybe.

Wake-ND now more likely to get some decent national billing. 8 PM ABC still unlikely, though not many other opportunities for ND to be on in ABC primetime

Apparently Wisconsin-Iowa's gonna be on Fox so that's one big matchup out. Texas losing also helps as I can't see TCU-Texas being the game now.

SEC games can't be on ABC so I think it'll be either Clemson-GT (GT goes to USF and Pitt the next two weeks), Stanford-Oregon (Stanford hosts USC next week, Oregon will be 3-0) or us. Def a chance

Wake D chasing Banks all night should be a good preview of their task against ND and Wimbush.

Which is why ABC likes to televise ND road games. I’m guessing the 3:30 slot.

Just heard the on field interview with Saban after last nights game.

Not sure why football best Coaches (Belechek in NFL, Saban in College) have to be such dicks. :fu:

Last edited:
The reason coaches can make so much money because of intense fan and media interest in their profession. Seems like it would be worth it to put up with whatever questions you had to. In fact you should do anything you could to feed the interest rather than scorn it. But I’m not in Saban’s shoes and certainly with money/interest also come pressure & scrutiny.

Saban knows Hurts would've been better off transferring but he did everything he possibly could to keep him around as a backup option, hence his defensiveness on the subject. Hurts was never gonna start -- feel bad for the kid, misled by those who don't have his best interests at heart (though unsurprising that would happen)

The good news for Jalen is if he plays it right he could still transfer without having to sit out a year nor losing a year of eligibility so staying for fall could cost him nothing. This is first year where players can transfer without sitting out so he has that going for him. Now the tricky part is he needs to go to Saban now and say I’m your backup but don’t play me again unless Tua is hurt badly for an extended time. He could still redshirt as long as doesn’t play in more than 4 games and play 2 years elsewhere starting next fall if he announces in Jan.

The question is would Saban respect his wishes and not throw him out there unnecessarily in future games when Tua is clearly rolling. Saban would be tempted to play Jalen in blowouts to save Tua for bigger games, but possibly he plays a 3rd qb. Or maybe Jalen is ok blowing one year to be part of a team trying to repeat?

We will see.

Back