• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

Exactly. This is a perfect example of why I and many people dislike Saban and Alabama (though not more than I dislike Petrino and Louisville)

The interviewer asked a respectful, legitimate question about how the coach evaluated the play of the two QBs. He started to answer the question in a straightforward manner and then bit her head off. The man gets paid $7M+/year to coach college football. Part of his job is to deal with the media and keep his cool while doing so. Coach, you won the game 51-14! And it's not true, as Saban says, that the interviewer tried to get him to "say something that disrespects one of them."

His response was fine. This is big boy football.

Saban knows Hurts would've been better off transferring but he did everything he possibly could to keep him around as a backup option, hence his defensiveness on the subject. Hurts was never gonna start -- feel bad for the kid, misled by those who don't have his best interests at heart (though unsurprising that would happen)

If you listened to the broadcast yesterday, Hurts said he was never going to transfer and was always going to be back this football season at Bama. He is 17 credits shy of his degree and wants to graduate so there is absolutely no reason for him to transfer. All the b.s. coming out about what the kid was going to do or not do was not from the kid himself, but his father.

Who else is taking the LSU money line tonight?

Right now, LSU is making Miami looking like a 2nd tier team, similar to what Miami looked at the tail end of the season last year. One time they beat the hell out of ND, they fell completely apart against Pitt, Clemson & Wisconsin.

Yeh, was just about to post ACC Coastal JV, ACC Atlantic varsity.

SEC West, the NFL

The reason coaches can make so much money because of intense fan and media interest in their profession. Seems like it would be worth it to put up with whatever questions you had to. In fact you should do anything you could to feed the interest rather than scorn it. But I’m not in Saban’s shoes and certainly with money/interest also come pressure & scrutiny.

I don’t get this take (not just you but many media repeating this). His reaction gave the media and fans a huge talking point and way more attention than the typical nothing answer would have. Basically, he gave ESPN what they really wanted, something to talk about the next few days on First Take and all those shows

what a dumb rule

jesus christ, both of those calls are just awful

Miami is playing undisciplined football, much like teams of the past but without the explosiveness.

Just got back from State College. Hell of a weekend, hell of a game, hell of a gameday experience in Happy Valley. If you've never been it needs to on your bucket list. App had that place as quiet as they had Neyland 2 years ago. I wish Wake would play games like this so I could knock off more bucket list stadiums. App has Wisconsin, Auburn, Texas A&M, and Miami on the schedule in future years and you can bet that my ass will be at most of those.

The running into kicker looked like roughing to me. Didn’t realize the second penalty was even a rule. Either way, gotta agree with Mebane. They’re playing some of the most undisciplined football a team can possible play.

The running into kicker looked like roughing to me. Didn’t realize the second penalty was even a rule. Either way, gotta agree with Mebane. They’re playing some of the most undisciplined football a team can possible play.
ugh

what the hell are you watching

Just got back from State College. Hell of a weekend, hell of a game, hell of a gameday experience in Happy Valley. If you've never been it needs to on your bucket list. App had that place as quiet as they had Neyland 2 years ago. I wish Wake would play games like this so I could knock off more bucket list stadiums. App has Wisconsin, Auburn, Texas A&M, and Miami on the schedule in future years and you can bet that my ass will be at most of those.

In the mid 70's, we had a few years when we played at Penn State, Michigan, Oklahoma and Texas.
We got killed in all these games, but we played there.

Back