• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

Alabama vs. Louisville is a somewhat intriguing matchup for a few reasons:

1. Can Alabama cover the 24 point spread?
2. How will Saban split the QB playing time between Hurts and Tagovailoa?
3. Whom to root for between Saban and Petrino? It's like picking between Hitler and Stalin.
4. Any chance Louisville can pull a huge upset?

My answers:

1. Yes, Alabama should cover but not sure I would put money on it.
2. Both play a lot if Alabama gets a big lead. If it stays close then Tago plays.
3. Don't like either, but dislike Petrino more.
4. No chance for a Louisville upset.

Maybe I’m underestimating them, but so feel like Louisville will only be better than Syracuse in the division this year. Outside of Jackson, I wasn’t impressed with the team at all. I felt their receivers held Jackson back and their D wasn’t that good.

DL picked up a fumble, fumbled it, and was on the bottom of a pile. I turned away for a minute. Do they have an idea exactly what happened? It didn’t look that bad at first.

He was piled on by his own players. No idea as to nature of injury; but he is giving thumbs up as he is carted off

UMass-BC will be interesting. There's been an insane amount of trash talk up here between the two fanbases. UMass has serious little brother syndrome from a football perspective and their fans have been boasting about how easily they handled Duquesne. I think the Minutemen have some real problems covering Dillon (just like anyone else will).

This made me laugh Bc I've heard the trash talk too, and yet the ACCN decided they'd get more viewers in New England if they showed GT/Alcorn State.

It appears that Sling is still in some sort of dispute with Fox over B12 games on FS1. So, Texas/Maryland blacked out :rulz:

Good Lord. Ohio State's punter just fired a rocket, 63 yards inside the 5, Oregon State's QB fumbles in the EZ and Nick Bosa recovers for a score, 42-7 with 4:30 to go in the first half.

Texas down 24-7 to Maryland. Yikes.

Texas now 22 and Maryland 24...just before halftime.

So, Rice is beating Houston. So much for a sure win...

Only sure win for WF is Towson but we could figure a way to make it difficult awhile simply by getting the big head.
It’s college ball and it’s WF.

Watching BC today against UMass makes for much respect for BC.

JMU might've just blown the game. Lengthy late drive getting 1st and goal inside the 5 and they settle for a FG, and they still need a TD to win.

Really didn't understand the FG call there.

Glad we get BC at home.

As if there's not enough reason already to hate Ohio State, the weather delay in their game is preempting the first part of the best game of the day.

Back