• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Summer Transfer Thread 2018 (NWT), Window Closes August 9

Sturridge will score if his frail body holds up. Not sure that it can though. This preseason he has been dropping deeper and has played some nice passes. Seems to fit his diminished physical tools a bit better.

48 in 98 for Sturridge in Prem for Liverpool

0 in 6 for West Ham tho. #BraskyScouted

Their.

I dont want to bring up Welbeck's stats again because they are worse and you are easily confused.

All black English strikers look alike.

Welbeck's barely been on the field the past two years and was fourth pick in an attacking position anyway. He's fast and strong (not Lukaku strong) but ultimately he's really not that great. Good fit with Everton. Looks bad next to Theo.

So no Malcom?

Apparently he’s going to Roma now. Wants CL football.

As usual is agent was just using us to elicit better offers.

Marco is apparently going to make his final decision on several current players after this weekend’s games in Portugal. I’m looking forward to the bloodbath, we still have 5-6 free riders who need to go.

thelatesttransferrumoursfromaroundtheworld_800x450.png

Ha, £40M for Richarlison?? He didn't score or assist after Christmas...

I think if I owned a sports team I would tell my coach/manager they can’t sign any of their old players for more than a minimum “locker room presence” type contract. There are plenty examples of it working but at the highest levels the success rate is low. Call it the Doc Rivers/Thibs rule of ownership.

MUFC related... I'm so much less interested in signing Vidal now than I was 3 or 4 years ago when he moved to Bayern.

I'm just not sure what he add to our midfield when the money could be better spent elsewhere -- world class CB to partner Bailly or top quality LB if we aren't going to give Shaw one last chance as rumored.

Like... why fight to resign Fellaini if you then bring in Vidal?

Pogba/Matic/Herrera/Vidal is plenty crowded for a center midfield quartet without adding the Big Fro from Belgium. And that doesn't include the other players that could take over that AM role in a 4-2-3-1.

I just don't get the strategy if Vidal or any other CM is signed unless Herrera is being shipped out -- which would PISS ME OFF

I like Richarlison, but think the numbers being thrown around are ridiculous. Although I have scene 20-30M up front with add-ones possibly taking it up to 40-50M which would be much easier to stomach.

Nic English‏Verified account @nicwenglish

Liverpool's transfer business since Klopp took over is simply unparalleled. Ignore the money for a second - the amount of talent they've managed to attract to the club in such a short space of time is incredible.

When is the parade to show off the transfer activity trophy?

South American football encyclopedia Tim Vickery had the take that you can look at Richarlison's season in two ways: either teams just completely found him out after Christmas, or just simply a 20 year old got worn out the second half of the season due to more or less 18 straight months of football (due to the Brazilian calendar straight into Watford). Thought it was an interesting point I hadn't heard mentioned

Back