Page 13 of 129 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Quote Originally Posted by TripleDeacon View Post
    Curious why so many predict Newcastle to be near the bottom. If Rafa leaves after this season, which could very well happen given the lack of support he's received from Ashley, then all bets are off. But as long as he's at Newcastle his players will play their socks off for him and the fans will continue to fanatically support the club. He got them to a tenth place finish last year and most of that effort was in the second half when he finally got in some decent reinforcements, which are back this year. I'm a homer though, so who knows.
    I don't think Rafa makes it to Christmas. The club is a couple poor results away from a fan and/or player mutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleDeacon View Post
    Curious why so many predict Newcastle to be near the bottom. If Rafa leaves after this season, which could very well happen given the lack of support he's received from Ashley, then all bets are off. But as long as he's at Newcastle his players will play their socks off for him and the fans will continue to fanatically support the club. He got them to a tenth place finish last year and most of that effort was in the second half when he finally got in some decent reinforcements, which are back this year. I'm a homer though, so who knows.
    Last year was a serious grind and there's little reason to think this year will be any different. It's truly a disgrace that the ownership at Newcastle seems more than content to field a team that's just barely good enough to survive relegation. That's a club that should safely be top 8-10 year in year out.

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    I don't think Rafa makes it to Christmas. The club is a couple poor results away from a fan and/or player mutiny.
    The mutiny wonít be against Rafa though. If you donít think he makes Christmas then you have to be betting he quits.

Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    Man City
    Liverpool
    Tottenham
    Manchester United
    Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Everton
    Wolves
    Leicester
    Fulham
    Burnley
    Crystal Palace
    Brighton
    Watford
    Bournemouth
    Soton
    Newcastle
    Huddersfield
    Cardiff

I'm feeling much more optimistic about my Toffees this year. Not enough to crack the Sky Six, but I do have them in 7th, unlike last year when I picked them to finish 10th.
    Counting is hard. That's why i used numbers.

Did I miss fantasy league details?

Pogba CAPTAIN!

Andreas starts. Rashford at the 9.

Let's goooooo

Too bad the little one has a doc appt at the same time so going on radio silence
    Football. Bloody Hell.

Luke Shaw is still at United! Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by BTB View Post
    Luke Shaw is still at United! Who knew?
    He's too fat to be moved

NEW MODERAT0R
    Watch all the games for $7.99 each !

Quote Originally Posted by wakephan09 View Post
    Counting is hard. That's why i used numbers.
    Whoops, I forgot your boys. I used Tim's and copied and pasted and tried to move names around. I believe I had y'all between Leicester and Fulham.

Off to a good start with the refereeing...

Which handball was called? I thought it was Amartey, which seemed fairly obvious, however Arlo and Robbie seemed to think it as called on Morgan.

I is confused.

Go up 1-0 in the 4th minute on a 50-50 pen, then bunker in for the next 86 mins. I see you Jose.

Mourinho's tactics make catenaccio look like geggenpressing.

Maddison is great, I already like him.

Quote Originally Posted by wakephan09 View Post
    Maddison is great, I already like him.
    Yeah he looks very lively

Also Superman Dave already to the rescue. They'll probably still win, but the in the first 30 minutes Pogba's side has looked like ManUre.

That joke never gets old.

Can Vardy come on halftime? If he's even remotely fit he'll destroy this bunker.

Lets have a Vardy Party

Luckily for Rom the Foxes have run out of gas, or that missed sitter would really hurt