• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

wakephan09

fuck duke
Reaction score
ONE MONTH COUNTDOWN. Season begins on August 10th!!!! Time to start getting excited.

While this brilliant world cup has kept us entertained all summer, it's my other favorite football month of the year: PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES.

At West Ham the Pellegrini era begins with new signings and new excitement:

TELEMMGLPICT000164296395_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq_5nRZA_mABzyhWQQr7FXOoFDbkbEy8mHCNgOOMwz_vQ.jpeg

At Arsenal, it's something of a new epoch. Arsene departs after more than twenty years at the helm as Arsenal's longest-serving and most successful manager to be replaced by the young and dad-looking Unai Emery. Will Arsenal suffer from a post-SAF-like depression?? Or can they maintain their hold on the so-called TOP SIX?

emery_8.jpg

Man City return after an absolutely dominating season to defend their record-breaking title campaign. Will this man get revenge against the footballing world after being left at home by Germany?

sei_1171994.jpg

Or will he be relegated to the bench by some new, outrageously expensive signing like this man:

3752B3BA00000578-3745736-image-m-66_1471458696773.jpg

Will Chelsea or ManU or Spurs challenge Man City's league dominance this season?

912752622.jpg

Romelu-Lukaku-855337.jpg

PA-32852943.jpg

Furthermore, we welcome three newly promoted sides:

AMA06_WOLVES_FULHAM1.jpg

Wolves

stadium.jpg

Cardiff

Fulham-v-Aston-Villa-Sky-Bet-Championship-Craven-Cottage-London-UK-17-Feb-2018.jpg

Fulham

GET YOUR PREDICTIONS IN HERE!!!!

Let's go.

my predictions from last year were all close but no cigar. i had arsenal not finishing in top 6 and huddersfield finishing above brigthton.
this year top 6 predictions
man city. they wont run away with it...
tottenham
liverpool
man u
chelsea
arsenal

burnley will finish 14th.

bottom 3?
cardiff fulham and huddersfield.

bold prediction?
west ham finishing 6th? arsenal looked completely uninterested last year and feel that even a fully engaged squad might not have enough to finish 6th.
west ham adding some quality and with a good manager should do better.

What will have changed from last year?

I agree there's no way Salah replicates his scoring from last year, but lukaku wasn't even in the top five.
if harry kane grows his hair a few more inches thats good enough for 4 more goals.

City (why should they drop off any, barring injuries?)
Spurs (Poch consistency + attacking core entering prime years, defense aside)
Pool (Salah scoring falls off a bit)
United (Solid, but overperformed their expected numbers last year)
Chelsea

So, pretty much like this year, I'd guess?

Liverpool is playing a friendly right now against Tranmere Rovers who are starting this little fella at CB:

20170808-the18-image-steve-mcnulty-1.jpg

City inks Mahrez for 60MM GBP.

Will be interesting to watch Spurs in their shiny new thing try and go for it this year.

Transfers heating up now. Wonder who will be on the outs at Juve with Ronaldo going there. Probably Higuain. He has Arsenal or Chelsea written all over him.

City inks Mahrez for 60MM GBP.

Will be interesting to watch Spurs in their shiny new thing try and go for it this year.

Transfers heating up now. Wonder who will be on the outs at Juve with Ronaldo going there. Probably Higuain. He has Arsenal or Chelsea written all over him.

Kind of an odd signing for City. He's behind Sterling and Silva in the right wing position. Unless they're going to sell Sterling, which is certainly possible.

Is/Are Everton really gonna spend 70m on Zaha?

He's far too dynamic for Everton. They would be better of seeking out another stationary no. 10.

Is/Are Everton really gonna spend 70m on Zaha?

God I hope not. He's a slightly better Bolasie. DO NOT WANT.

Bring in Tierney and Mina (both "heavily" linked) and get rid of 5-6 more players and I'll be happy. Mirallas, Williams and a few others. Looks like Schneids, Sandro and Klaassen will all be getting second chances under Silva.

Convince Lookman to stay, and play him alongside Tosun and Walcott up front.

That should be good enough for the Top Half, which I'll take as long we cleanse the squad of all our bums by next summer.

Back