Page 20 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070120 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 2561

Thread: Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

  1. #381
    Dickie Hemric
    sailordeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Liver than you'll ever be
    Posts
    12,498
    Quote Originally Posted by tintinisahottie View Post
    Lichtsteiner is such a dick
    you got that right

  2. #382
    Dickie Hemric
    sailordeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Liver than you'll ever be
    Posts
    12,498
    Quote Originally Posted by zqglass View Post
    Lichtsteiner makes me not want to be an Arsenal fan anymore. Also when Ozil loses possession 19 times a game, that too. Not looking forward to Chelsea next week...
    if Lichtstainer does not turn you off, you belong in a cage

  3. #383
    Weah with his first Ligue 1 goal. Him and pulisic have me excited for the first time in a while for US Soccer

  4. #384
    Robert O'Kelley DeacMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Go to the Elf's house. We're just a bit West of there.
    Posts
    6,410
    Tie game 2-2. Orlando playing with 10 men had tied the game while down a man. DCU must need 3 points in the playoff chase b/c they send the keeper forward for a corner with seconds left in stoppage time. And then THIS happens. What an ending.


  5. #385
    NEW MODERAT0R
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    29,426
    Quote Originally Posted by deacvision7 View Post
    You know. Working class club that use working class words like anodyne.

    Anodyne? Is that the sort of thing you say when your dick gets chopped off?

    Actually,



    I kinda feel like Theon after yesterday against Man City.

  6. #386
    NEW MODERAT0R
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    29,426
    Lichsteiner is going to be anchoring this defense with Kosc by the end of the year. I can't wait til he takes down Rashford on a game saving tackle.

  7. #387
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacMan View Post
    Tie game 2-2. Orlando playing with 10 men had tied the game while down a man. DCU must need 3 points in the playoff chase b/c they send the keeper forward for a corner with seconds left in stoppage time. And then THIS happens. What an ending.

    Peak Wa$$a!
    Football. Bloody Hell.

  8. #388
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Lichsteiner is going to be anchoring this defense with Kosc by the end of the year. I can't wait til he takes down Rashford on a game saving tackle.
    You cannot take down what you cannot catch.
    Football. Bloody Hell.

  9. #389
    Scott "Rufio" Feather
    siff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Duchy of Cabarrus
    Posts
    16,981
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...play-back.html

    Lol. Who would have guessed that this would be Big Sam's reaction?

  10. #390
    Dickie Hemric
    vadimivich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wien, Österreich
    Posts
    12,594
    dv7 trigger alert!

    I'm not sure there will, statistically, be a more unlikely goal this season than the one Luke Shaw scored on Friday night. The xG for that shot was just 0.09 (given the ball was waist high and a very tight angle) and Shaw has not shown in the past to be an above average finisher. So for a guy to score his first PL goal in 4+ seasons from that shot ... pretty remarkable.

    BUT - the most remarkable thing is that is the single highest xG of any shot in Luke Shaw's entire Manchester United career. The 2nd best (0.06) is a tie between a chance he had against in the 22nd minute away to West Ham last season and then one in the 39th minute away to Watford back in 2016. That's crazy ... how the fuck has 30m+ left back never had a single chance better than that in 4 seasons?

  11. #391
    ...
    Football. Bloody Hell.

  12. #392
    Dickie Hemric
    vadimivich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wien, Österreich
    Posts
    12,594
    Quote Originally Posted by deacvision7 View Post
    I would say though, it seems to be endemic of United's style of play as well. Ashley Young since moving to left back hasn't had a single chance rated higher than 0.06 either. And Valencia has had 2 glorious tap-in chances (0.84, 0.72) with a single 0.08 and that's it as well.

    Mourinho hates his fullbacks getting forward and into the box, doesn't he? It's staggering to compare them to say ... Pep's fullbacks.

  13. #393
    Quote Originally Posted by vadimivich View Post
    I would say though, it seems to be endemic of United's style of play as well. Ashley Young since moving to left back hasn't had a single chance rated higher than 0.06 either. And Valencia has had 2 glorious tap-in chances (0.84, 0.72) with a single 0.08 and that's it as well.

    Mourinho hates his fullbacks getting forward and into the box, doesn't he? It's staggering to compare them to say ... Pep's fullbacks.
    Valencias goal vs Everton was a .08?

    So that had an 8 in 100 chance of going in? Seems high. That goal was RIDICULOUS
    Football. Bloody Hell.

  14. #394
    Dickie Hemric
    vadimivich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wien, Österreich
    Posts
    12,594
    Whoa, found the 0.72 xG chance that Valencia missed ... the internet is an amazing place.

    https://youtu.be/ovG-Mke3C2k?t=11s

  15. #395
    And saying shaws goal and that Tony V goal had about the same chance of scoring doesnt help the argument for xG
    Football. Bloody Hell.

  16. #396
    Dickie Hemric
    vadimivich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wien, Österreich
    Posts
    12,594
    Quote Originally Posted by deacvision7 View Post
    Valencias goal vs Everton was a .08?

    So that had an 8 in 100 chance of going in? Seems high. That goal was RIDICULOUS
    Nah, that was 0.02 xG. It was a fucking stunning goal.

  17. #397
    Dickie Hemric
    vadimivich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wien, Österreich
    Posts
    12,594
    Quote Originally Posted by deacvision7 View Post
    And saying shaws goal and that Tony V goal had about the same chance of scoring doesnt help the argument for xG
    The Shaw goal was 4.5x more likely to be finished than the Valencia goal against Everton.

  18. #398
    Quote Originally Posted by vadimivich View Post
    The Shaw goal was 4.5x more likely to be finished than the Valencia goal against Everton.
    Ok. Just saw it was .02

    I can buy that
    Football. Bloody Hell.

  19. #399
    Where you getting these stats vad?

  20. #400
    NEW MODERAT0R
    BiffTannen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    29,426
    Quote Originally Posted by wsc8521s View Post
    Where you getting these stats vad?
    https://www.latlmes.com/sports/footballstatscom-1

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •