• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Weah with his first Ligue 1 goal. Him and pulisic have me excited for the first time in a while for US Soccer

Tie game 2-2. Orlando playing with 10 men had tied the game while down a man. DCU must need 3 points in the playoff chase b/c they send the keeper forward for a corner with seconds left in stoppage time. And then THIS happens. What an ending.

You know. Working class club that use working class words like anodyne.

Anodyne? Is that the sort of thing you say when your dick gets chopped off?

maxresdefault.jpg

Actually,

86242-Alfie_Allen,_Twitter.jpg

I kinda feel like Theon after yesterday against Man City.

Lichsteiner is going to be anchoring this defense with Kosc by the end of the year. I can't wait til he takes down Rashford on a game saving tackle.

Tie game 2-2. Orlando playing with 10 men had tied the game while down a man. DCU must need 3 points in the playoff chase b/c they send the keeper forward for a corner with seconds left in stoppage time. And then THIS happens. What an ending.

Peak Wa$$a!

dv7 trigger alert!

I'm not sure there will, statistically, be a more unlikely goal this season than the one Luke Shaw scored on Friday night. The xG for that shot was just 0.09 (given the ball was waist high and a very tight angle) and Shaw has not shown in the past to be an above average finisher. So for a guy to score his first PL goal in 4+ seasons from that shot ... pretty remarkable.

BUT - the most remarkable thing is that is the single highest xG of any shot in Luke Shaw's entire Manchester United career. The 2nd best (0.06) is a tie between a chance he had against in the 22nd minute away to West Ham last season and then one in the 39th minute away to Watford back in 2016. That's crazy ... how the fuck has 30m+ left back never had a single chance better than that in 4 seasons?

I would say though, it seems to be endemic of United's style of play as well. Ashley Young since moving to left back hasn't had a single chance rated higher than 0.06 either. And Valencia has had 2 glorious tap-in chances (0.84, 0.72) with a single 0.08 and that's it as well.

Mourinho hates his fullbacks getting forward and into the box, doesn't he? It's staggering to compare them to say ... Pep's fullbacks.

I would say though, it seems to be endemic of United's style of play as well. Ashley Young since moving to left back hasn't had a single chance rated higher than 0.06 either. And Valencia has had 2 glorious tap-in chances (0.84, 0.72) with a single 0.08 and that's it as well.

Mourinho hates his fullbacks getting forward and into the box, doesn't he? It's staggering to compare them to say ... Pep's fullbacks.
Valencias goal vs Everton was a .08?

So that had an 8 in 100 chance of going in? Seems high. That goal was RIDICULOUS

And saying shaws goal and that Tony V goal had about the same chance of scoring doesnt help the argument for xG

Back