• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Managing to get a red card out of the position he was originally in with possession of the ball took some doing

Great game. That one and the Palace-Fulham match were very enjoyable. Glad soccer is back!

Disagree on it being red, but it’s defintely bonehead play by our 55 year old CB

So glad we brought in replacement for him and Keane

I’ll take the draw all things considering

How bout that Richarlison? Bust of the transfer window, amirite? He’ll be worth double by next season. I love him.

Academy graduates from United played a total of 253 minutes against Leicester City on Friday night - more than double Man City's total minutes for academy graduates in the whole of last season.

Poor Phil foden

17 and 18 year olds don’t play for title winning sides very often if at all

Word.

But that isnt what I posted. Reading comprehension.

And Foden should have been played when they locked up the title in april. But pep wanted records for his personal glory instead of developing his clubs youth prospects.

I trust Pep’s track record in developing youth over your v biased opinion. If a young guy from the academy deserves PT he plays him. Great example of this in the midfield is playing Busquets over Yaya Toure

And dude was 17 in April. Giving guys PT that young can actually be detrimental. Sets them up for expectations they may not be able to handle (especially with the Brits, who will overhype a British player at the drop of a hat).. Another example of this is Bojan

Academy graduates from United played a total of 253 minutes against Leicester City on Friday night - more than double Man City's total minutes for academy graduates in the whole of last season.

17 and 18 year olds don’t play for title winning sides very often if at all

Word.

But that isnt what I posted. Reading comprehension.

This is a rare example of an actual strawman fallacy at work.

I honestly had no idea how we'd line up today. Only real surprise for me is Fredericks instead of Zabaleta. Also thought Snodgrass might get the nod over Antonio and Yarmelenko.

This Liverpool attack is terrifying. I'm not sure today will be a very good indication of how we'll look going forward

Back