• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

I’ve said it before but Zaha was maybe the best player on the pitch almost every time I saw him. I think he would instantly be Everton’s main man.

Aiming to finish in the "top half" is a sad capitulation for Everton fans.

City inks Mahrez for 60MM GBP.

Will be interesting to watch Spurs in their shiny new thing try and go for it this year.

Transfers heating up now. Wonder who will be on the outs at Juve with Ronaldo going there. Probably Higuain. He has Arsenal or Chelsea written all over him.
Dybala going somewhere, I figure. Hes their top money getting asset.

God I hope not. He's a slightly better Bolasie. DO NOT WANT.

Bring in Tierney and Mina (both "heavily" linked) and get rid of 5-6 more players and I'll be happy. Mirallas, Williams and a few others. Looks like Schneids, Sandro and Klaassen will all be getting second chances under Silva.

Convince Lookman to stay, and play him alongside Tosun and Walcott up front.

That should be good enough for the Top Half, which I'll take as long we cleanse the squad of all our bums by next summer.
Rates Walcott over zaha

Braksy is just fucking with us now, everyone.

Still concussed, I see.
It's never their fault.

I got concussed one time when I was a keeper. Didn’t say anything but later in the game I jumped up for a contested ball and ran ten yards out of the box holding the ball like I received a punt. When the ref blew the whistle I was furious and broke down crying. As someone that has received many and they all suck and as someone who thinks the Ramos forearm could cause it I’m not going to doubt it.

This here however is just him being shitty. The two in the CL final could have also happened with or without the head injury. Bad keeper does bad things.

I got concussed one time when I was a keeper. Didn’t say anything but later in the game I jumped up for a contested ball and ran ten yards out of the box holding the ball like I received a punt. When the ref blew the whistle I was furious and broke down crying. As someone that has received many and they all suck and as someone who thinks the Ramos forearm could cause it I’m not going to doubt it.

This here however is just him being shitty. The two in the CL final could have also happened with or without the head injury. Bad keeper does bad things.
Not to mention that Ramos was pushed into Karius and that Klopp should have PROTECTED HIS OWN PLAYER AND SUBBED HIM OFF if there was a head injury.

My aforementioned buddy/Belgium supporter is also a Palace supporter. He argued that Zaha is currently one of the top ten players in the PL. That's going a bit far.

Aggressive take.

Not to mention that Ramos was pushed into Karius and that Klopp should have PROTECTED HIS OWN PLAYER AND SUBBED HIM OFF if there was a head injury.

I’m not sure anyone knew about it at the time. Don’t think I saw the replay until after the match and everyone knows how good a job athletes do of self reporting injuries.

Then Klopp should stop using it as an excuse.

This isnt difficult.

Aiming to finish in the "top half" is a sad capitulation for Everton fans.

The squad is so bloated and unbalanced, that I'd happy to sacrifice another year of mid-table success in order to sort out the mess. We've started making some headway in moving Rooney and Funes Mori on, but we need another 5-8 players to go.

I’ve said it before but Zaha was maybe the best player on the pitch almost every time I saw him. I think he would instantly be Everton’s main man.

Rates Walcott over zaha

Braksy is just fucking with us now, everyone.

Zaha may be marginally better, but he's not worth 70M. Particularly for someone who's end product is above average at best. The last thing the club needs is player who values step overs over scoring. We need somebody who is direct, not a dancer.

Now Wilf Zaha isn't a direct player!

Finished with the 2nd most dribbles past an opponent per game in the entire Prem last season (non-direct Eden Hazard in 1st). But not direct enough for Route 1 Brasky.

HOOF IT, BILLY BOB! HOOF IT!

Oh and Wilf Zaha has the 12th most key passes per game -- you know, those things that set up attempts on goal.

Not direct tho.

Since returning to Palace from ManU he's scored 22 goals in 4 seasons.

As I said, the man can dribble all day, but his end product is nowhere near good enough to make him worth that amount of money.

We already have a former Palace winger who loves to dribble, but can't do much else, so PASS.

Then Klopp should stop using it as an excuse.

This isnt difficult.

Klopp didn't know he was injured until it was over because the player didn't report it. After the game doctors said he was concussed. Klopp says it affected his performance and he thinks he will come back strong.

How is that an excuse? Also, what would you do, come out and say that he might have been concussed but this is a man's league so you have to rub some dirt on it and not let it fuck you up like that?

As I said, the man can dribble all day, but his end product is nowhere near good enough to make him worth that amount of money.

We already have a former Palace winger who loves to dribble, but can't do much else, so PASS.

He had a higher whoscored rating than everyone on Everton last season.

Zaha - 7.38
Walcott - 7.13
Martina - 6.98
Guete - 6.95
Keane - 6.94

Two quick thoughts:

Zaha is a terrific player who would significantly improve Everton's attack.

DV7's Liverpool obsession is a beautiful thing to behold. It's only the second week of preseason training and yet I know we're just a week or two away from the initial boom bust cycle posting of the season. Can't wait!

16 in the last 2

Back