• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

United just (reportedly) increased their wage offer to De Ligt to try to hijack his move to Barca

That boy is worth every penny on offer and then some. What a player at just 19.

I was on the twitter a couple of days ago and there was a headline that said "United lose interest in De Ligt due to weight concerns," or something like that. Seems legit!

Memphis Depay to Liverpool rumors. I remember a two month stretch where every time he touched the ball I was worried he would score and then after that I got sad watching him do step overs on his way out the touch line. He had Nani’s entire career arc at United in like 8 months.

Memphis Depay to Liverpool rumors. I remember a two month stretch where every time he touched the ball I was worried he would score and then after that I got sad watching him do step overs on his way out the touch line. He had Nani’s entire career arc at United in like 8 months.

Yeah, this has been low level simmering for long enough that I'm buying it. He and Wijnaldum are tight. Talking myself into a Memphis, Chukwueze, Random Back Up Left Back, Random Back Up Keeper -summer. I think I'd be ok with it actually, but that's the absolute least they can do, and I think they'll probably just bring in one of Memphis/Chukwueze, unless they ship Shaqiri.

Lots of Leroy Sane to Bayern rumblings lately, as well. That would seem weird to me, but who knows.

Everton to make their first signing of the season, Jona Lossl from Huddy on a free! Guess that means the end of Stek as backup GK and the youngster Virginia is heading out on loan.

Dean Henderson likely to go back to Sheffield United on loan for next season. Will be great for him to get PL experience.

Aulas was quoted today as saying there would be two big departures from Lyon, but doesn’t include Fekir in that because they had already agreed he could go (a year too late, dammit), so there will be at least three. Ndombele, Memphis, and Fekir? Saw a link to M. Dembele (the former Celtic striker) to United today, as well as an Everton for their centerback Marcelo, and have seen Ferland Mendy’s name a bunch, though, so who knows. I guess it is probably a year too early for Aouar.

Sounds like Trippier is on his way to Napoli for 25m after the final. Which... great! Position that needs upgrading. Bought him for 3m a few years back; can't complain about that.

A bunch of stuff popping up today that Napoli are also/instead (?) interested in Nathaniel Clyne for 15m.

De Ligt to United chatter today. Wage offer might be too good to pass up. Similar was said about De Jong to PSG before he still ended up at Barcelona, though.

Reported that Spurs are very interested in Giovani Lo Celso from Betis. Bringing in Ndombele and Lo Celso would be painful in the short term, assuming we lose Eriksen, but great in the long run. Would have to change the way we play (said that about losing Moussa Dembele as well and that has ended up ok).

L’Equipe going tomorrow with Ndombele’s departure “certain,” and F. Mendy and Fekir’s “likely.”

I think Ndombele ends up at PSG, but Lo Celso apparently had a great year. I think Betis just officially bought him from PSG, but could prob turn him around quick for good cash. Not sure why PSG got rid of him to begin with. And Rabiot is still out there!

OMG. Charlton with last second goal. Heart break for Sunderland, but what’s new for them?

L’Equipe going tomorrow with Ndombele’s departure “certain,” and F. Mendy and Fekir’s “likely.”

I think Ndombele ends up at PSG, but Lo Celso apparently had a great year. I think Betis just officially bought him from PSG, but could prob turn him around quick for good cash. Not sure why PSG got rid of him to begin with. And Rabiot is still out there!

Ndombele is Tottenham's #1 target by far, let's see what happens with that.

I'm so pumped for De Ligt to carry this out for another 2 weeks and then get an improved offer from Barca and go there. At least it isn't Real Madrid this time using United as a bargaining chip! WEEEE!

Back