• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

The World Cup has me genuinely wanting to follow club more, but I have absolutely no idea how to pick a team, and that's kind of a problem.

The World Cup has me genuinely wanting to follow club more, but I have absolutely no idea how to pick a team, and that's kind of a problem.

Arsenal are just bad enough now to not make you look like a front runner but have enough potential and history to be interesting. Plus cannons.

Watch matches. You'll find yourself starting to root for a particular club.

That's your side.

Just watch Arsenal matches. You'll see how obnoxious the other fanbases are and how other teams have players that are diving all over the place. Also, it's the beginning of a new era of greatness at Arsenal.

Also, anyone who roots against Arsenal is probably an Islamaphobe.

Arsenal uniforms don't do it for me. That's a very important factor. I like Man City's, but they're too good/too rich for me. Think I might just revive the buckets thread and roll with Dortmund. They seem to be a good balance of having a chance to win stuff but not too front-runnerish. But maybe I'm wrong. Feels like Bundesliga is kinda top-heavy with a bunch of shitty clubs, but I don't know.

Arsenal uniforms don't do it for me. That's a very important factor. I like Man City's, but they're too good/too rich for me. Think I might just revive the buckets thread and roll with Dortmund. They seem to be a good balance of having a chance to win stuff but not too front-runnerish. But maybe I'm wrong. Feels like Bundesliga is kinda top-heavy with a bunch of shitty clubs, but I don't know.
Pretty much any Bundesliga club would be awesome to follow - nearly all of them have great fanbases. Hardest part is probably the language barrier, making participating in forums or Twitter, reading transfer rumors and the like kind of difficult.

Try fantasy soccer on premierleague.com for a season. Kind of forces you to follow the whole league and particular players. Good way to watch a lot of games and see who you enjoy the most.

Pretty much any Bundesliga club would be awesome to follow - nearly all of them have great fanbases. Hardest part is probably the language barrier, making participating in forums or Twitter, reading transfer rumors and the like kind of difficult.
Dortmund's Yellow Wall podcast is great and in English.

Jack Harrison is starting for Man City against Liverpool tonight. Yeah, it’s just preseason but that’s still cool. ESPN2 at 8.

Why is a preseason match in the "International Champions Cup"? Too many damn Cups for this neophyte!

Back