• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

BTW - WTF is going on with Mourinho? Martial is completely on the outs, Pogba apparently is sick of him and the season has not even started yet. Is he going to make it to Christmas before United pulls the plug on him? The whole situation is just bizarre.
Hey now, gotta take the bad with the good.

He resigned Fellaini afterall... oh wait that's bad too

Fuck.

We need to have a discussion about the fucking atrocious gradient kits that both United and Tottenham are wearing this season.

Tottenham-Roma.jpg

0_Manchester-United-v-Real-Madrid-International-Champions-Cup-2018.jpg

The Spurs kit gradient is a more even fade but it just looks smudged and messy, the United one is spaced out and looks idiotic up close but on TV looks a bit neater. United's kit also makes them wear black shorts and not the traditional white (Spurs wear white shorts in Europe, which also looks comically stupid with these tops). The gradient socks are just ridiculous on both kits.

Since it's one from Adidas and one from Nike, it's clear this gradient top thing is a trend across the industry. It should be burned with fire and never used again.

Went to see Spurs vs. Milan at the Bank here in the TC's (incredible stadium btw). First word's out of my son's mouth upon seeing Spur's unis was "are they riding in the tour de france?"

As the season is about to begin, here's a great reminder of the drama that may await at the other end of the line.

Gotta say I like City, Tottenham and Pool in that order. All can win it. Don't think anyone else can.

Spurs finished 3rd. Added nobody.

One of your favorites?

That adds up.

Yes, do go on and tell us all about how ManU will win the league and Lukaku will be top scorer.
That's a mighty impressive strawman you've got there

Make sure you kick its ass real good

Prediction time:

1. Liverpool (boom bust and all that)
2. City
3. United
4. Spurs

5. Arsenal
6. Chelsea

7. Leicester
8. West Ham
9. Everton
10. Wolves
11. Palace
12. Burnley
13. Southampton
14. Fulham
15. Watford
16. Newcastle
17. Bournemouth

18. Brighton
19. Huddersfield
20. Cardiff

Probably makes sense to wait until the transfer deadline closes to make predictions.

#1 - Manchester City
#2 - Liverpool
#3 - Tottenham
#4 - Arsenal
#5 - Chelsea
#6 - United

This smells like a Mourinho sabotage season, and the underlying stats from last season mean United was likely to fall back a bit anyways. Last season was a bit of an illusion in terms of finishing second because of an unsustainable defensive record (De Gea putting in maybe the greatest GK season in the history of the PL was huge) and the attack is still fundamentally broken. Throw in Mourinho apparently intent on watching the world burn and I feel like there's a dark timelime here for United.

I quite like the offseason Arsenal has had and wouldn't even be surprised if they finished 3rd. I think they will be sneakily quite good this year.

I think that Arsenal will be a lot more watchable and are going to score more goals. I also like them to finish fourth. Chelsea are still flailing a bit it seems.

#1 - Liverpool
#2 - Manchester City
#3 - Tottenham
#4 - Arsenal
#5 - United
#6 - Chelsea

Arsenal will switch from Puma to Adidas next season, with a payout increase from £30 million to £60 million.

1. Liverpool (City are clear favorites, but this is the best I've felt about Liverpool going into a season in a decade)
2. City (Hopefully will regress a bit this year, but still the most talented team out there)
3. Tottenham
4. Chelsea (Think Serri will have them playing very well by end of the season and they have the makings of a great midfield)
5. United (Feels like a repeat of Jose's last season at Chelsea, though United have too much talent to drop much below 5th)
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
8. Wolves (Wouldn't be surprised to see them or Fulham battling for Europa League spot)
9. Leicester
10. West Ham
11. Fulham
12. Crystal Palace
13. Burnley
14. Brighton
15. Southampton
16. Bournemouth
17. Newcastle
18. Watford
19. Huddersfield
20. Cardiff

So with United not signing a center back and the back drop of Jose’s summer of discontent, one can’t help but wonder about the post game interview Jose will offer up if United lose to Leicester tomorrow. There’s nothing quite like Jose when he’s angry and frustrated and seething with contempt.

FWIW, I’m not convinced that a new center back would have materially changed United’s outlook for this season. Between Bailly, Jones, Smalling, Lindelof and Rojo, Jose has plenty to work with in setting his back line. The key is keeping Bailly healthy.

1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Tottenham
5. Chelsea
6. Manchester United
7. West Ham
8. Everton
9. Crystal Palace
10. Wolves
11. Leicester
12. Burnley
13. Fulham
14. Brighton
15. Newcastle
16. Southampton
17. Bournemouth
18. Cardiff
19. Watford
20. Huddersfield

I don't have much bad to say about Alexis Sanchez, but I have to wonder how he feels about the situation at ManU right now versus what his situation might look like at Arsenal.

Back