• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

WORKING CLASS CLUB, West Ham

Huh? I mean, I'm not buying one, but they're pretty fucking anodyne.

These are also our third shirts, so you won't see them very often.

You know. Working class club that use working class words like anodyne.

Anodyne? Is that the sort of thing you say when your dick gets chopped off?

maxresdefault.jpg

WORKING CLASS CLUB, West Ham

I love how watching dv7 in the PL thread over the years gives an insight into the RJKarl metamorphis. BIG WORDS NO. ADVANCED STATS NO.

xG isn't advanced stats because different players are more likely to score from a certain position. I just don't buy into that one.

And I use "big words" all the time, but God forbid I do a snide GoT reference against a dude that apparently wants to be my board's rival.

Arsenal #7 and Ozil absolutely STINK

xG isn't advanced stats because different players are more likely to score from a certain position. I just don't buy into that one.

But that's the whole point of xG, which you seem to have sailed totally past ... it's basically equivalent to "replacement level" used in baseball stats. It's what the average of all players would do in that specific position. Consistently overachieve based on average and you are high skilled - for example, Messi has scored 21.7 more goals over the past 4 seasons than his xG. That's because he's an absurdly good finisher who outperforms the average player by a monstrous margin. Same with De Gea in goal - what he did versus what the average GK last year would have done is ridiculous.

Built my fantasy team defense on Laporte and Mendy, both were insanely cheap. Already paying off in this match.

City looked like they were only halfway through pre-season and still won pretty easily

Spanish FA changes rule 24 hours before the Spanish Super Club, allowing clubs to register an unlimited number of non-EU players. This has been an issue for Barcelona all summer, and one of the reasons Barca was looking to offload Mina.

What a complete farce of an association and league. La Liga and Spanish soccer is a fucking joke. It only exists for the benefit of two teams, both of which are corrupt as fuck. I’m glad that the Spanish government is finally growing the balls to crack down on the clubs, and their tax evading playeare and agents.

Best league in the world my ass.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/sevilla-...ule-change-for-spanish-super-cup-vs-barcelona

Last edited:
Lichtsteiner makes me not want to be an Arsenal fan anymore. Also when Ozil loses possession 19 times a game, that too. Not looking forward to Chelsea next week...

Back