• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Let's goooooooooo Toffees.

In Vegas exhibting at a conference. Ditched the shitty PowerPoint presentation.

COYB
4f62d7060f5b352ebec1a4bed9fc8653.jpg

Last edited:
I loved that we beat that Rat today as well. Thought the boos were great. And it was the EvertonUSA trip match, which I'm very jealous of.

So does anyone have a read on whether Chelsea are prioritizing Europa or a top 4 finish at this point ? They're only three points and two teams out of fourth and in the Europa quarterfinals. They're also in shit form with a bad GD. Cardiff and West Ham are the next PL opponents.

So does anyone have a read on whether Chelsea are prioritizing Europa or a top 4 finish at this point ? They're only three points and two teams out of fourth and in the Europa quarterfinals. They're also in shit form with a bad GD. Cardiff and West Ham are the next PL opponents.

They have a favorable road to the Europa league final (where they might meet Arsenal or Napoli).

Yeah, when the plastered free kick is the worst goal of your hatty, you know you're dope.

I feel like Chelsea should prioritize the Europa, but I'm not sure what exactly that looks like to Sarri. I don't think he's going to suddenly start rolling out Danny Drinkwater in the league. To him that might mean playing Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek, and Emerson more domestically, which he should probably do anyway, I think.

I guess if they get 6 points out of the next two matches that could affect his thinking, but the last few games are going to be tough.

For me he's pressing too hard to get #50 and at times in lieu of the better pass option. He's still played well in other aspects of his game IMO. I just think 50 goals is in his head. He wants to break records and is worrying more about that than he is just playing the game.

Fortunately, he's not away with Egypt this international break, which I think will be a good thing.

Here is a long, detailed analysis of Marco Rose's pressing style (he's RB Salzburg's coach), but also serves in general as a great primer for what real pressing is, the different types/triggers, how you might see it in action even if it is not obvious, etc. I thought it was pretty cool. Rose is a bit of a Klopp disciple, so with some of the sequences demonstrated one can carry over to watching Liverpool play (or other pressing teams). For instance, they talk about defending/pressing out of a diamond midfield, and even though Liverpool have often lined up in a 4-3-3 this season, they will defend in something closer to a 4-diamond-2, with Firmino dropping deeper to be the point of the diamond, and so on.

https://www.tacticsboard.org/single-post/MRose

Last edited:
Rumors that <----- (my avatar) is being sold permanently to us by Barca for around 25-30M. I love it!

He's been somewhat inconsistent in 2019, but was great at the beginning of the season. Hopefully a full time move, and a second season in England, will help him settle into full time stardom.

Also shout out to BIG YERRY who was fantastic against Chelsea on Sunday. The Barca three (Gomes, Digne and Mina) all appear to have the potential to be long term starters for the Ev. Great business.

I have to swear off the soccer players hair transplant commentary now because Raul Meirelles is my nirvana. Forget the coat.

(To row, row, row your boat)
Raul, Raul, Raul the red
He’s bald and Portuguese
Meirelles, Meirelles, Meirelles, Meirelles
Score a goal for me.

Always liked that song. His goal against Chelsea was pretty much the only one by him I can remember but yeah.

Back