• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

The fact that he can’t get two consistent performances out of the team is awful. But I think the roster is toxic. Need a mass exodus.

Our best XI is probably

Pickford
Kenny-Keane-Zouma-Digne
Davies-Gana-Gomes
Lookman-DCL-Richarlison

Sigurdsson, Bernard, Mina, Baningime, Vlasic worth keeping around.

The rest can go:

Holgate, Baines, Jags, Bolasie, Sandro, Walcott, Tosun, Martina, McCarthy, Schneiderlin, Niasse, Besic, Stekelenburg, Coleman, Mirallas, Williams.

That’s so much dead weight. I’d be fine getting rid of Marco and going for Arteta. He’s gotten Pep tutelage, he’s a club legend. Give Brands a lot of power, let him unload the ridiculous roster bloat, and get some more young talent in. I have a hard time getting too upset week to week given what a hole we’ve dug ourselves into with the last few recruitment periods.

Something I was thinking about this weekend watching that excellent Spurs-Leicester match was how I’d trade our roster for Leicester’s roster in a heartbeat. Their recruitment has been terrific. I feel like Maddison, Ricardo, Tielemans, Chilwell, Ndidi, Maguire, and Gray could all be on top 4 teams. Shame they have such a dud manager. He can’t seem to figure out how to put that young team together every week.

When did we last have a cohesive XI? It's so much fun to watch sides (City, for example, or Pool) that enjoy playing together. The football is always better, too, even on teams with lesser talent.

The fact that he can’t get two consistent performances out of the team is awful. But I think the roster is toxic. Need a mass exodus.

Our best XI is probably

Pickford
Kenny-Keane-Zouma-Digne
Davies-Gana-Gomes
Lookman-DCL-Richarlison

Sigurdsson, Bernard, Mina, Baningime, Vlasic worth keeping around.

The rest can go:

Holgate, Baines, Jags, Bolasie, Sandro, Walcott, Tosun, Martina, McCarthy, Schneiderlin, Niasse, Besic, Stekelenburg, Coleman, Mirallas, Williams.

That’s so much dead weight. I’d be fine getting rid of Marco and going for Arteta. He’s gotten Pep tutelage, he’s a club legend. Give Brands a lot of power, let him unload the ridiculous roster bloat, and get some more young talent in. I have a hard time getting too upset week to week given what a hole we’ve dug ourselves into with the last few recruitment periods.

Something I was thinking about this weekend watching that excellent Spurs-Leicester match was how I’d trade our roster for Leicester’s roster in a heartbeat. Their recruitment has been terrific. I feel like Maddison, Ricardo, Tielemans, Chilwell, Ndidi, Maguire, and Gray could all be on top 4 teams. Shame they have such a dud manager. He can’t seem to figure out how to put that young team together every week.

I agree with everything you're saying, particularly you're starting XI.

I'd keep Holgate (doing well at RB for West Brom on loan) and probably move on Siggy if we could get 20-25M. He's just too slow, always seeming to be a half a step late, and our squad isn't good enough to field a luxury player. He has moments of brilliance but goes missing for a majority of matches.

400K/week. Hate to see him go, but at that price...

Wow. I remember being a little taken aback by Can’s wages, maybe more guys will try to play out contracts now.

I'm a little skeptical it's that high, I saw some other reports saying it was closer to 250k, which is still a lot, but a little easier for me to believe. 400k a week is ridiculous.

I saw something today that made it seem like it would be 250k pre-tax, 120k banked. That seems to be a little more realistic to me, but who knows. The 400k looked like it was coming from the Arsenal end, and the 250/120k from the Italian end, so split the difference?

I could watch the Naby pass and Firmino touch on this for the rest of my life. The angle from behind the goal is even better. I'll find a Naby highlight package to post that has it. I tried to post this weekend, but the tweet had been taken down.

Nab and Fab (I promise that will be the only time I ever call them that; if you ever see me post it again you can neg me to oblivion.) highlights.

Nab and Fab (I promise that will be the only time I ever call them that; if you ever see me post it again you can neg me to oblivion.) highlights.

Did someone ask for "Fab?"

228576.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Paul Pogba speaks! “It was a beautiful win. A great performance from the team. It wasn’t easy but we did it and we are really pleased. The team helped me to get to my best. They help me to score goals and make assists. If he doesn’t make the run I can’t play the ball. We are Manchester United and we play to win trophies. The manager trusts us and we trust him. We play to win”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ander Herrera speaks! “They have a fantastic team so we had to fight until the end. I played a more offensive role because we knew they are struggling at this end of the bench. I would like to speak about Alexis, Andreas and Scott, the way they came into the game. A world class player like Alexis, the way he fought, this is Manchester United.”

I'm so hard right now[/FONT]

Glad to see Chelsea lose again. Hoping to see Sarri sacked before exposes our Christian to his boreball.

Back