• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2018/19 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Lampard feels a bit Ole

He also did just ok with that expensive Derby team.

Damn, looks like I have to wait until September for this new Maradona doc to premiere on HBO. Lame, I was reading reviews and thought it might be streaming now. Maybe some theater around here will pick it up.

We'll see what happens in terms of transfers, but seems like there could be an opening for a CL gatecrasher next season. Not at all impressed with the direction of United, Chelsea or Arsenal, and Wolves, Leicester and perhaps Everton have potential

Copa America tonight! I love Copa/Euro U-21 summers way more than World Cup/Euro Championship summers, though Euro 96 and 2000 may be the two favorite international tournaments of my lifetime. France 98 too, since I was there.

Betis officials are apparently in London to negotiate for Lo Celso. Fingers crossed. LC, Ndombele, and an RB would be a really excellent summer.

Jonathan Woodgate, assisted by Robbie Keane, taking over at Middlesbrough.

We'll see what happens in terms of transfers, but seems like there could be an opening for a CL gatecrasher next season. Not at all impressed with the direction of United, Chelsea or Arsenal, and Wolves, Leicester and perhaps Everton have potential

If Leicester can hold on to Chilwell, McGuire, Maddison, Barnes and Tielemans, that's a team that can crash the top 6 next year.

Chelsea's going to be a hot mess with no Sari, no Hazard, no transfers. What coach would want to step into that seat? Puts an awful lot of pressure on Pulisic. :(

If Leicester can hold on to Chilwell, McGuire, Maddison, Barnes and Tielemans, that's a team that can crash the top 6 next year.

They won’t. At least two will be sold, perhaps three. Big teams already after Maddison, Maguire, and Tielemans. Fortunately their recruitment is top notch.

Chelsea's going to be a hot mess with no Sari, no Hazard, no transfers. What coach would want to step into that seat? Puts an awful lot of pressure on Pulisic. :(

Are Pedro and Willian gone or is there a chance they stick around? I think with Pulisic and more time for Hudson Odoi they will be ok. The defense is aging though and the biggest threat to their table position. Edit: Although not nearly as much as I was thinking. Luis is really the only.one.

Last edited:
Tielemans isn’t theirs either and was only on loan.

But I think there is a chance they hold onto a decent amount of those dudes. Like, if they sell Maguire for a ton, I could see Maddison sticking around for another year. But yeah, they could also be picked clean and Vardy could fall off a cliff at any second since he’s kind of old.

Their recruitment has been great, but I think a lot of that group has left since BRodg came in. I think I read that.

Last edited:
Are Pedro and Willian gone or is there a chance they stick around? I think with Pulisic and more time for Hudson Odoi they will be ok. The defense is aging though and the biggest threat to their table position. Edit: Although not nearly as much as I was thinking. Luis is really the only.one.

I think Hudson-Odoi ruptured his Achilles just like Loftus-Cheek? He might be out for the year, which is a bummer.

Tielemans isn’t theirs either and was only on loan.

But I think there is a chance they hold onto a decent amount of those dudes. Like, if they sell Maguire for a ton, I could see Maddison sticking around for another year. But yeah, they could also be picked clean and Vardy could fall off a cliff at any second since he’s kind of old.

Their recruitment has been great, but I think a lot of that group has left since BRodg came in. I think I read that.

They are trying to buy Tielemans but I hear other clubs are interested. He doesn’t want to go back to Monaco.

All I know about their recruitment is that it became clear quickly it wasn’t Steve Walsh pulling the strings at Leicester when Everton poached him. Everton spent a bunch of money on some really mediocre players and Leicester spent much less on a much better squad.

Do we think Newcastle will be buying a bunch of players now? Did that sale ever go through? Doesn’t Villa also have plans to spend again? Wolves seem like they’ll reinvest as well.

I think that Newcastle proposal might have been a scam, that guy apparently didn’t make it through due diligence a couple other times when he was making noise about buying a club, so that’s tough to tell.

Eduardo Macia was head of recruitment for Leicester most recently, but both he and a top scout left after Rodgers was hired. But like you say, they could have the infrastructure and identification stuff covered and Walsh/Macia could have just been supervising/signing off on stuff. If they could get Tielemans permanently that would be big time, I was just thinking he wouldn’t be in the same category of “holding onto,” like the other guys, but that’s just being pedantic.

I think I read that Willian signed a new contract.

Last edited:
Didn’t realize Fabinho got left off Brazil’s Copa squad. Shoutout to them if they can take six midfielders better than Fab.

GM Lebron out there recruiting AD and Mbappe at the same time.

lots of #sauces linking Tielemans to MUFC now

and also starting to see Dumfries linked -- probably a smokescreen to try to get AWB's price to not go so high is my guess

Back