• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Democratic Party Left Me Behind

Maybe, I am a social progressive but fiscally conservative. It’s a dead zone.

Everyone should be able to peruse their happiness and not be handcuffed to another’s bigotry or based of religion. Simple constitution stuff really...but here we are.

Depending on what you mean by fiscally conservative it’s either a dead zone for a reason or you’re a Democrat and just don’t know it.

It's a dead zone, very mathematically representative of the upper middle-class liberal fringe who have outsized influence on the Democratic party.
96ef57256f0f7a35d4f6cb61d23a4662.jpg

God love a person who claims to be "socially liberal" while at the same time believing its moral for owners of capital to completely fuck over the poor and working class, when the vast majority of minorities are poor and working class. Congrats on your social progressiveness you fake ass libertarians, you believe the Cosbys should have equality.

What I have found in politics is that people at the 1.0 and -1.0 view people at -.4 as being .4 and vice versa.

I also question the validity of any analysis that has gobs of people as extreme economic progressives, and absolutely no extreme economic conservatives, including hard core social conservatives which is the base of the Republican party.

Looking at the area that MDMH has circled, that is apparently the most hard core right wing randian Pub economic conservatives.

Last edited:
It's a dead zone, very mathematically representative of the upper middle-class liberal fringe who have outsized influence on the Democratic party.
96ef57256f0f7a35d4f6cb61d23a4662.jpg

I’d be interested to see how they measured economic conservatism and whether that matches with the definition every “socially liberal but fiscally conservative” bro that went to Wake uses.

God love a person who claims to be "socially liberal" while at the same time believing its moral for owners of capital to completely fuck over the poor and working class, when the vast majority of minorities are poor and working class. Congrats on your social progressiveness you fake ass libertarians, you believe the Cosbys should have equality.

that is a rather forlorn view of self-accountability. how about teaching a man to fish rather than just handing them a fish...guess what, they will be hungry tomorrow also.

the government is the most poorly run organization. it burns through money with incompetence and outdated operating procedures. this Trump group is a perfect example of overindulgence and abuse of power. the money wasted by the shit bag in charge could have funded some of the poorly run programs that this cesspool killed that would help the poor and working class. education is what is broken in America, that is what will really help the poor and working class....and by the way, the tax cut was a travesty imo. how the fuck do you give a that sort of tax cut when we have such debt...unconscionable!

also, i think people are their own worst enemies at the same time. Fiscal responsibility and a balance budget. Streamline government and eliminate unnecessary spending...keep the taxes low especially to the poor and working class.

...and go fuck yourself with your moral impertinence.

that is a rather forlorn view of self-accountability. how about teaching a man to fish rather than just handing them a fish...guess what, they will be hungry tomorrow also.

the government is the most poorly run organization. it burns through money with incompetence and outdated operating procedures. this Trump group is a perfect example of overindulgence and abuse of power. the money wasted by the shit bag in charge could have funded some of the poorly run programs that this cesspool killed that would help the poor and working class. education is what is broken in America, that is what will really help the poor and working class....and by the way, the tax cut was a travesty imo. how the fuck do you give a that sort of tax cut when we have such debt...unconscionable!

also, i think people are their own worst enemies at the same time. Fiscal responsibility and a balance budget. Streamline government and eliminate unnecessary spending...keep the taxes low especially to the poor and working class.

...and go fuck yourself with your moral impertinence.
Gotta love that cliched biblical fishing analogy, Libertarianism 101. Tell me more about who isn't fishing, and how you plan to educate them. If I was born with a stocked pond and my grandfather was Bill Dance, i'd probably think the disparity was everyones bad fishing technique.

Meh. The same people who talk about "teach a man to fish" are the same ones who disrespect teachers, freeze their wages, and mandate online fishing courses and standardized fishing tests instead of funding schools enough to pay fishers to take people fishing.

I was talking to a community college professor yesterday. She teaches in a photonics (laser tech) program. Her students go on to work for very well-known high tech companies. The state doesn't fund the program enough to offer competitive salaries to allow them to compete with private industry for top talent. The faculty just got their first pay raise in 12 years. She lives 90 minutes from campus because she can't afford to live in the area.

Fuck you with that "teach a man to fish" bullshit. I wish conservatives would be honest and just say "I don't want to pay taxes and I could care less about everybody but me." Conservatives don't want public education to succeed. That's why they burden public education with regulations. They want to maintain an underclass who are dependent on the wealthy or have to serve in the military in order to move up the economic ladder. Conservatives don't want fishermen. They want servants who are willing to do anything for another scrap of fish.

Last edited:
I do think its funny that no matter how much data is collected and research done, the kind hearted fiscal conservatives of ogboards always believe they're the representatives, and not the outliers

I do think its funny that no matter how much data is collected and research done, the kind hearted fiscal conservatives of ogboards always believe they're the representatives, and not the outliers

I think it shows that there is a wide divide between what you consider fiscal conservative and what is actually fiscal conservative, especially using whatever metric this study used. I would be interested in taking that survey, but I was unable to find it online.

I think it shows that there is a wide divide between what you consider fiscal conservative and what is actually fiscal conservative, especially using whatever metric this study used. I would be interested in taking that survey, but I was unable to find it online.
There's also a wide divide between how large I believe the "middle class" is, and how large a "small business" can be. Wealthy Democrats all claim to be middle class because theres an inherent human disconnect between wealth and equality. So we return to the #resistance conservatives who don't want to be associated with Trumps boorish outloud racism, yet support nearly all his legislation, because it's all written by the Heritage Foundation, the backbone of neoconservativism.

Last edited:
There's also a wide divide between how large I believe the "middle class" is, and how large a "small business" can be. Wealthy Democrats all claim to be middle class because theres an inherent human disconnect between wealth and equality. So we return to the #resistance conservatives who don't want to be associated with Trumps boorish outloud racism, yet support nearly all his legislation, because it's all written by the Heritage Foundation, the backbone of neoconservativism.

great. that small subset of economic conservatives might be the actual people at the far right of the economic conservative spectrum, as defined in this group because apparently the hard core right wingers that are certainly a significant part of the Pub base register about a .5 on this scale. The same group you try to shoehorn establishment dems into.

Last edited:
lol, well i feel bad for your cynical view of the "teach a man to fish" adage. you know what...effort is free, you put your own limit on that!

ph, you are way off base...but have your opinion. you clearly didn't identify my statement about how education is broken in America. we should be spending more time and money on education, and i have no kids (alas throwing my money away). that other drivel, keep my name out of that crap...you want to typecast an entire subset of people based on a few, just like a Trumpian.

so you didn't like my last poverb...here is another for you - Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.

You can't take it, it's old. You could sign up for YouGov and maybe be in the panel next time it runs

Here's the data

https://www.voterstudygroup.org/publications/2016-elections/data

I'm fine with the adage and I support the meaning behind the adage. The problem is that people use that adage to dismiss programs that feed people as if little children should go work for their own food.

"Effort is free" is cute, but effort requires energy and time. We need food for energy and time is money. You can teach a man to fish all day, but he's not going to be able to put forth the effort on an empty stomach.

You think I'm way off-base. That's fine. You have your opinion. But you should actually do a little research before you dismiss the opinions of others.

great. that small subset of economic conservatives might be the actual people at the far right of the economic conservative spectrum, as defined in this group because apparently that hard core right wingers that are certainly a significant part of the Pub base register about a .5 on this scale.. The same group you try to shoehorn establishment dems into.

*hint hint*
You don't seem to understand how the one dimensional political spectrum works. The center ("centrism") consists of the idealogy that both major parties mostly agree on: - confidence in the fairness of market capitalism
- blind belief in the virtue of imperialism by way of American exceptionalism.

The far right extreme is state authoritarianism, nationalism, racism, extreme xenophobia

The far left is communism and anarchism

I'm fine with the adage and I support the meaning behind the adage. The problem is that people use that adage to dismiss programs that feed people as if little children should go work for their own food.

"Effort is free" is cute, but effort requires energy and time. We P food for energy and time is money. You can teach a man to fish all day, but he's not going to be able to put forth the effort on an empty stomach.

You think I'm way off-base. That's fine. You have your opinion. But you should actually do a little research before you dismiss the opinions of others.

Cyclical conversation of having your own opinions. I didn’t dismiss your opinion, I just said generalizing every conservative as you did...is not how I feel, but perchance I am an outlier.

Back