• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Democratic Party Left Me Behind

oh brother, you're such a hypocrite - you compromise where you find it expedient and lambaste the rest for doing the same. leave the party if it's that terrible.

surely the teeming masses will run to vote Progressive and prove the dirty centrists wrong when the D party shrivels away.
"if you hate me so much, just kill me to prove it". - a very rational response to criticism.

sick burn from the guy who's been telling everyone they're not scot enough to be a scotsman for the past two years ad nauseam

ITT we learned that MDMH stopped pulling for UK when they hired Billy Gillespie and never returned to fandom ever again.
Certainly a fantastic example of centrists detachment from the material realities of politics. It's sports now!

3aaf5f22de413f4f4d3b72c27a1015cd.jpg

sick burn from the guy who's been telling everyone they're not scot enough to be a scotsman for the past two years ad nauseam
Maybe there is something to this "participation trophy generation" shit. We're all liberals now, politics is fucking crazy that way that nothing means anything.

Oh sorry, I forgot to give you a trigger warning for my political purity test. It's ok, just repeat to yourself "i'm a good liberal democrat. i am not racist. Hillary won the popular vote. We will impeach"

The MDMH pendulum swings back to late 2000s FeartheDeaconChin (wasn't that your name?) who was an aggressively stupid poster who just ignorantly yelled at everybody about dumb shit. Then he got older and wiser, learned his stuff and changed his name, and people started respecting his arguments. Now he's gone full circle. Watching him turn liberal democrats into centrists (a la BKF) by haranguing total strangers on the internet is something to behold.

The MDMH pendulum swings back to late 2000s FeartheDeaconChin (wasn't that your name?) who was an aggressively stupid poster who just ignorantly yelled at everybody about dumb shit. Then he got older and wiser, learned his stuff and changed his name, and people started respecting his arguments. Now he's gone full circle. Watching him turn liberal democrats into centrists (a la BKF) by haranguing total strangers on the internet is something to behold.

/thread

Oh sorry, I forgot to give you a trigger warning for my political purity test. It's ok, just repeat to yourself "i'm a good liberal democrat. i am not racist. Hillary won the popular vote. We will impeach"

here's a fun adage for you to noodle on: if everyone around you seems like an asshole, you're the asshole

"Liberal democrats". Grow up. We're in our 30s now at least, i'm not rushing your frat or trying to fit in with your group of friends. If you don't want to debate my politics, you dont need to respond to me, hell you could put me on ignore and I wouldn't even notice.

"Liberal democrats". Grow up. We're in our 30s now at least, i'm not rushing your frat or trying to fit in with your group of friends. If you don't want to debate my politics, you dont need to respond to me, hell you could put me on ignore and I wouldn't even notice.

I'm plenty grown up, thanks. And I don't actually disagree with your politics, just doing a bit of tone policing, as you'd say.

But for real, I'm just intrigued by your long arc as a poster. Can you please go back to where you were circa 2012-2016? Same info just better delivery?

I'm plenty grown up, thanks. And I don't actually disagree with your politics, just doing a bit of tone policing, as you'd say.

But for real, I'm just intrigued by your long arc as a poster. Can you please go back to where you were circa 2012-2016? Same info just better delivery?

I’m guessing that dude was sleeping a lot more between 2012-2016.

Long response to this,

1. If I have offended or personally attacked you, and gone over the line, I sincerely apologize.

2. I believe i've always had this tone on the tunnels, but previously I was only outraged by the few conservative trolls here. I've said some absolutely hateful shit to BKF, JHMD, lectro, sailor over the years. Now that i'm outside of the echo chamber my outrage is a problem?

3. The "tone" you seem to disagree with is reserved for the politics board. I don't have any problems with any other topics. As a matter of fact, I don't even talk about politics IRL to people that i'm not close with. I'm generally a goofy person that gets along with nearly everyone. I've met plenty of posters IRL and i've always gotten along with them, but none of them besides RSF has ever challenged me about politics, and I expressed the same disdain for his politics that I have here with you on the tunnels.

4. I acknowledge that my temperament about politics is angrier than everyone else here, but the fact is that i'm genuinely outraged by the liberal discourse here. To me, the political status quo is immoral and unacceptable, and i've explained my reasoning for that thoroughly.

5. The on the ground realities of economic policy is very relevant to my life, and my family. I believe that my family, and many of my friends are much closer to the economic margins than any of the other posters here, though I could be wrong. It's infuriating to me when posters will only address economic policy from a theoretical or bureaucratic perspective. It's not a pet hobby of mine to be engaged by politics. The 15 dollar minimum wage, medicare for all, labor protections, rent controls, etc. are all things that me and my family would be directly affected by as recipients, not observers.

The most basic thing is the extreme left and the extreme right aren't polar opposites. It's not a line. It's a circle. The extremes are almost identical.

RJ, care to come back and explain how I am "almost identical" to the extreme right? Should be easy.

Back