• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Democratic Party Left Me Behind

what i want to know is why MDMH/MHBD want to send democrats to the gulags ?
The childlike enthusiasm that you all have shown by exhaustively repeating these new vocabulary words is cute and everything, but maybe now you can try to carry on a real conversation without them

Sorry, its all just so stupid though. To me it seems more a way to dismiss leftist politics outright than engage in any debate on the merits. So we avoid talking about any distinctions between the kind of housing solutions that exist, and say that mdmh hates poor people because he doesn't think market based, third way housing subsidies work.

I am familiar with the horseshoe theory. I'm also a member of an organization that emphasizes a more radical democracy than currently exists. I don't believe that the end result of my beliefs are totalitarian or authoritarian, otherwise I obviously wouldn't be a member. Your talking points ultimately help the right more than you think.

I'm trying to figure out if my talking points help the right more than taking actions that actually directly put candidates from the right in office -- which way is that scale tipping? I am all for more progressive candidates that can actually defeat Republican candidates. I am not trying to debate the merits of progressive issues with you because I would most likely agree with your position (or at least goals). I am also a realist about their chances in bluish-red and red states and not an absolutist on not putting blue dogs in in those states over types like the guy who just ran after Sacha Baron Cohen with his ass out. I would never vote in a way that would help put any of those folks in office. MDMH has a hard time with this concept.

MDMH has a hard time with this concept.

I love concepts. What type of concept is it where I insult a Missouri Senator online from my home in North Carolina and somehow that helps the President get re-elected. I'm unfamiliar with that concept.

the concept of "i'd rather spend time bashing democrats than republicans to somehow win other democrats to my cause"

the concept of "i'd rather spend time bashing democrats than republicans to somehow win other democrats to my cause"
I'm not trying to win you to my cause, just as im not trying to win lectro or sailor to my cause.

ITT: non-progressive democrat is compared to two conspiracy nut trumpshills
Well you see, the main thing you have in common with them is that I dont agree with you. That's really the extent of it, so I hope that thin level of association with those turds doesn't hurt your feelings too bad.

no sweat, your intolerance of anyone who thinks differently from you is well documented.

and the only person here who can hurt my feelings is biff

That’s good stuff. Organize with people like you. Don’t try to be who you aren’t. I’m not going to organize with college kids. I’m working with other well to do suburban parents from or diverse neighborhood.

From what I can tell, you and I are pretty close politically and this statement strikes me as really stupid.

Definitely. Kinda goes against the point of politics. If you aren’t trying to convince people to adopt your ideas on how to make the world a better place then you’re just complaining to complain.

Back