• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kupcho is competing in the US Women's Amateur

“I’ve been working so hard at Wake,” said Kupcho. “I’m not just going to throw three and a half years of work out.”

Amen sistah! Good for Jennifer, everything seems to be falling into place for her. She seems like a great young woman with a very mature head on her shoulders. She's smart to sneak in that final semester before the post-ANA championship "meat" of the LPGA sked kicks in for the summer. It's a very long season now for the ladies as they have a beginning of the year Asian swing and now the end of the year Asian swing before their season-ending championship, which I believe is the week before T'giving. Plenty of time for JK to rack up points between mid-May and late November.

Regardless, we should all be quite proud of Jennifer and what she's accomplished already as an amateur and soon to be pro. Congrats young lady! Go Deacs!!

Do you see this DORAL MOORE and BRYANT CRAWFORD ?!!!!!!

Ms. Kupcho today received an invitation to play in the inaugural Augusta National Women's Amateur golf tournament. Only 72 invitees, they play the week before the Master's. Congrats to her and the WFU golf squad.

Edit for fat typing fingers.

Ms. Kupcho today received an invitation to play in the inaugural Augusta National Women's Amateur golf tournament. Only 72 invitees, they play the week before the Master's. Congrats to her and the WFU golf squad.

Way to go Jenifer!
Wonder which tees they'll use for the women? Will likely have special tees set up somewhere between the championship tees and members tees.

Edit for fat typing fingers.

In response to which tees, they're most likely to be similar to the "average men's/white tees" if following a similar course plan to other top level collegiate/amateur golf tournaments.

Last edited:
In response to which tees, they're most likely to be similar to the "average men's/white tees" if following a similar course plan to other top level collegiate/amateur golf tournaments.

That would be the members tees at about 6400 yds.
The championship tees are around 7400 yds.

That would be the members tees at about 6400 yds.
The championship tees are around 7400 yds.
That would make sense. I believe most women's amateur or collegiate courses are in the low/mid 6000s on average, based on the tournaments I've seen.

This event is going to be great. Another chance to see the course before the Masters.

In addition to Kupcho, our #2 player Emilia Migliaccio (probably butchered that) is also playing.

I'd assume all par 3's except #4 will be played close to the men's tournament length since they're not really that long. Hope they both make the cut to play tournament round on TV.

Crazy we can have 2 of the top 30 women's players but can barely fill the rest of a team.

Kupcho got some love on Golf Central this a.m. Definitely plan on catching some of the Augusta women's am.

This event is going to be great. Another chance to see the course before the Masters.

In addition to Kupcho, our #2 player Emilia Migliaccio (probably butchered that) is also playing.

I'd assume all par 3's except #4 will be played close to the men's tournament length since they're not really that long. Hope they both make the cut to play tournament round on TV.

Crazy we can have 2 of the top 30 women's players but can barely fill the rest of a team.

Nature of things at a very expensive private school where we only offer partial scholarships. To be honest, it's more impressive we do so well in the other non-revenue sports

Nature of things at a very expensive private school where we only offer partial scholarships. To be honest, it's more impressive we do so well in the other non-revenue sports

Wake has 6 full scholarship equivalents available for women's golf. How they get funded and used is up to the school.

I know this is about a month away but is anyone planning to go? Since we have 2 Lady Deacs playing, including one of the favorites, I’m thinking about going. Would be nice to have a Wake cheering section.

Just so everyone is aware, the first two rounds are not at Augusta National. They are off site, then there is a 36 hole cut, so you only get to play at ANGC if you make that cut into the final round.

Just so everyone is aware, the first two rounds are not at Augusta National. They are off site, then there is a 36 hole cut, so you only get to play at ANGC if you make that cut into the final round.

That's lame. Play all 4 rounds at Augusta National. They are doing the absolute minimum to be able to still claim they are hosting a women's event.

Even if you miss the cut, you do get to play ANGC on the practice round day

Glad they still get to play on that Friday practice round no matter what. Will be a cool experience, even with no crowds allowed. But yeah, just wanted to point out that they are doing the bare minimum here to claim they are hosting a women's event.

Back