• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Under-Appreciated Deacons

PG Jeff Teague
SG Justin Gray
SF Al-Farouq Aminu
PF Rod Griffin
C Eric Wiliams

PG Frank Johnson
SG Craig Dawson
SF James Johnson
PF Darius Songaila
C Anthony Teachey

That's just based on positions they played at Wake with a little fudging for Johnson and Aminu.

There's no good matchup with the top starting lineup. Can't go small because Howard would give Johnson/Teague/Gray fits even if AFA and JJ could give Duncan and Rogers fits inside. Duncan neutralizes Darius' post efficiency and face up game if you play him as a stretch 5.

Teachey would take E-Will to school in practice and should be starting on that team.

What about RJ? Seems like he is pretty under appreciated. If memory serves, I think he whooped up on the likes of Jabbar and Magic on the mean streets of LA.

Could be the greatest ever white ball player under 6' tall with a vertical of less than 6".

I'm neither under 6' nor is my vertical under 6" (and I'm in my 60s).

What about RJ? Seems like he is pretty under appreciated. If memory serves, I think he whooped up on the likes of Jabbar and Magic on the mean streets of LA.

Could be the greatest ever white ball player under 6' tall with a vertical of less than 6".

More noted for his trash-talking than ability

Skip Brown doesn’t get enough love because he didn’t have an NBA career. But Skip was a better player than WFU contemporary Frank Johnson. Skip was drafted by a Celtics team that had Jo Jo White, Charlie Scott, Dave Bing, and John Havlicek. There was no room in that back court for Skip.

Had he been drafted into the same situation that Frank Johnson was drafted into a few years later at Washington, Skip would have had a solid NBA career.

Hard to argue a guy whose jersey is retired gets less recognition than guy whose jersey isn’t.

Chris King averaged 15.2 for his career, and hasn't been mentioned here. That's under appreciated.

Lee Foye hit the game-tying bucket vs. Carolina at the end of regulation in 1973 ACC tourney. Wake won in OT.

Cal Stamp was an under appreciated, undersized 6'8"" center. He came close to double double averages his last 2 year's, playing against several of the all time best ACC big men, including Burleson, Kupchak, McMillen, Elmore, Rollins and others.

Back