• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

She’s really truly baaaaaaacccckkk

I'm 71 so I can say this . . .

I am sick and tired of old people in government . . . Republican or Democrat. Go away Hillary. Go away Donald. Go away Jeff. Go away Nancy. Go away Mitch. Just retire already. Play with your grandkids. All of you have already set a giant dumpster fire and now it is burning out of control. Let some younger people try and run things.

I'm 71 so I can say this . . .

I am sick and tired of old people in government . . . Republican or Democrat. Go away Hillary. Go away Donald. Go away Jeff. Go away Nancy. Go away Mitch. Just retire already. Play with your grandkids. All of you have already set a giant dumpster fire and now it is burning out of control. Let some younger people try and run things.

So much this. I’m excited to see the 25-45 year old women running this cycle. That group is largely unrepresented in politics. We desperately need new blood.

Yes! We need more identity politics. :laugh:

In sailor’s world, running and voting for only white guys isn’t identity politics but running and voting for anybody is identity politics.

What point? That you believe supporting people from all backgrounds beyond just white guys is "identity politics?"

C'mon man. A search for any of your posts with the words "identity" will show that's the case.

As a side note, it's fitting that this story is from Fox. Hillary Clinton is retired from politics. The only people who refuse to accept that are right-wing news media sites like Fox, who have very profitably been demonizing her for decades, and are clearly reluctant to let her go. The only people who want her to run for office again are right-wingers, hence these types of stories. It's not even a "hard news" story, but an opinion piece.

So much this. I’m excited to see the 25-45 year old women running this cycle. That group is largely unrepresented in politics. We desperately need new blood.

I don’t want a 25 year old man or women at the congressional level. 1-3 years out of school isn’t enough life experience.

why not? plenty of 80 yr olds in congress who don't know jack shit about anything

Yeah, it's really hard to argue, given the performance of recent congresses, that 25-year-olds would somehow do worse than the decrepit old farts we have running things now. Truman used to make fun of the "do nothing" congresses in his time, but compared to today they were models of effectiveness.

I don’t want a 25 year old man or women at the congressional level. 1-3 years out of school isn’t enough life experience.

We need people of all age backgrounds in politics. I don't want to see 68 year olds telling me what it's like to be 1-3 years out of college.

Brasky vs. BKF would be a hell of a race.

Most of the government issues that we have right now impact 18-30 year old people more than any other demographic. Health care, student loans, wage stagnation, job scarcity, these are all problems that people right out of school deal with on a daily basis, but have representatives in Congress who haven't dealt with those issues in years (or ever) making the decisions for them.

Millennials have had more exposure to information and social culture in their 20-30 years than any Baby Boomer had in the first 60-70 years of their lives. Younger generations bring energy, new perspectives, and progressive ideas that more often than not benefit the whole over the individual. Spare me life experience arguments. Give me representatives that grew up in the 21st century.

I would be happy with a 40/50/60 year old. Some of the old farts running our country should be in nursing homes. (I can say that. I'm 71.)

Back