• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Natty O is the most highly-compensated private college executive

Didn’t Hatch argue Wake could never afford to pay college atheletes a stipend?

Yes. Yes he did.

The whole thing, public and private, across the board, is such a fucking racket. UNC is out here giving five figure raises to administrators already making 300k + whose job it is to cut positions and outsource so that they can pay for these bonuses. Meanwhile they're paying adjuncts teaching more than a full load, with no prospect of tenure, like 25k a year. I know it doesn't totally work like that, but, well, it basically does.

I'm going to play the role of the university shill here (I think I did this when raw data was first reported in December as well).

Hatch's compensation for 2015 (the year the rankings are based on) included the vesting of a 10-year $2.89 million SERP. $2.3 million of the $2.89 million already had been reported from 2006-2014. In the year of vesting, the reporting rules require that the previous 9 years of accruals ($2.3 million) plus the final accrual and any earnings are reported.

I think it would be much more fair to say Hatch's compensation for 2015 was $1.7 million ($4 - $2.3). Still a shit ton of money, and I think that is legitimate to criticize, but $4 million just isn't an accurate description in any rational discussion.

I'm going to play the role of the university shill here (I think I did this when raw data was first reported in December as well).

Hatch's compensation for 2015 (the year the rankings are based on) included the vesting of a 10-year $2.89 million SERP. $2.3 million of the $2.89 million already had been reported from 2006-2014. In the year of vesting, the reporting rules require that the previous 9 years of accruals ($2.3 million) plus the final accrual and any earnings are reported.

I think it would be much more fair to say Hatch's compensation for 2015 was $1.7 million ($4 - $2.3). Still a shit ton of money, and I think that is legitimate to criticize, but $4 million just isn't an accurate description in any rational discussion.

Agree the reporting rules go against any goal of transparency by requiring false information. Makes no sense. Even with an accurate report of the compensation, however, I remain unimpressed with Hatch’s executive leadership, don’t think he is suited to the position, and don’t think he is worth anything near the amount he makes. “Pro Humanitate” is complete bulllshit anymore.

that’s cool but next time just log on as rafi

Back