• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How Many Regular Season Wins For 2018 Wake Forest Football?

How many wins (excluding potential conference championship and bowl game)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I see our ceiling as high as 9, and our floor being 5. Though it's almost impossible to answer given the complete question mark at the most important position. Talent-wise I think this is the best team we've had in a long time and I trust Clawson to get the most out of our huge strengths. If there's even a semi-functioning passing/play action game we should have offensive numbers rivaling last season.

I'm feeling bullish at 8. Maybe it's just nice to have a program where hope for good things is actually justified by past results, an excellent staff and recruiting momentum.

After reading some of Les' updates, I'm a little concerned about the LB spot and the lack of depth. And we're light and inexperienced on the DL after Boogie & Calhoun...stopping the run could be an issue. Think I'll drop it back down to 6 W's until I see how things go vs Tulane.

With Tabari, and Hinton showing some 4th year in the program steadiness and leadership at QB, I had us at 8-9.

For now, 7....maybe 8. Please prove me wrong, Deacs.

I don't think losing Hines is a reason to diminish expectations. He was surplus here -- says a lot about the rise of the program that he saw a better chance to make an impact on the field at Oregon than here

I don't think losing Hines is a reason to diminish expectations. He was surplus here -- says a lot about the rise of the program that he saw a better chance to make an impact on the field at Oregon than here

Unless Dortch gets hurt again.

Yes, losing our best player would hurt. I doubt he's going to suffer the same injury again

I'm feeling bullish at 8. Maybe it's just nice to have a program where hope for good things is actually justified by past results, an excellent staff and recruiting momentum.

I said 8 also.
Yes, we have a tough schedule, but I think we exceeded expectations last year.
I'm hoping we exceed again.

(I'm tired of us not meeting expectations)

2016; 6 wins...2017; 7 wins...2018; 8 wins...The Clawson Curve...

I'd add @ Louisville and @ State to that list. Hardly sure losses
Eh, we're more likely to lose to Pitt than to win at State. We suck at Carter Finley, and State will be very good this year.

6-6.

I think some are significantly underestimating the loss of Wolford at QB.

We'll lose to BC and bear ND. Seven wins and we play the Golden Gophers in Yankee stadium.

I see our ceiling as high as 9, and our floor being 5. Though it's almost impossible to answer given the complete question mark at the most important position. Talent-wise I think this is the best team we've had in a long time and I trust Clawson to get the most out of our huge strengths. If there's even a semi-functioning passing/play action game we should have offensive numbers rivaling last season.

Agree with this post 100%

Back