• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Urban Meyer Credibility Watch (NWT)

RollWave35

#KeepPounding
Reaction score
Former ESPN reporter Brett McMurphy broke on his Facebook page today that Urban knew about an assistant coach's domestic violence for three years before deciding to fire the guy. McMurphy got texts and pictures from the victim: https://www.facebook.com/TheBrettMcMurphy/posts/2042037522486968

CollegeFootballTalk also reported that an emergency meeting between Meyer and the OSU AD was called after the report broke: https://twitter.com/CFTalk/status/1024723551130136576?s=19

Not sure if Urban will make it through this one.

Main question: Ms. (Mrs?) Smith claims that she didn't press charges in order to protect her husband's job. Now that he's lost it, she's calling out his employer for... not firing him sooner? Something doesn't add up.

Zach Smith seems like a compelte a scumbag, and it sounds like Meyer may go down for trying to protect him/give him too many chances. Though, through his lawyer, he says this:

"Zach Smith wants to be as transparent and honest as possible but it is not going to be done today through the media," Koffel told Murphy. "It will only be after he and his ex-wife are sworn in to testify. Once he gets his chance to tell his side of events, don’t be surprised when it is corroborated by every police who ever responded to Ms. Smith’s calls."

Former ESPN reporter Brett McMurphy broke on his Facebook page today that Urban knew about an assistant coach's domestic violence for three years before deciding to fire the guy. McMurphy got texts and pictures from the victim: https://www.facebook.com/TheBrettMcMurphy/posts/2042037522486968

CollegeFootballTalk also reported that an emergency meeting between Meyer and the OSU AD was called after the report broke: https://twitter.com/CFTalk/status/1024723551130136576?s=19

Not sure if Urban will make it through this one.

Wow. Just read thru this. Pretty bad stuff and all the texts are really incriminating.
Brett McMurphy did some digging on this.
Doesn't look good for The OSU.

urb ain't getting fired. wins too much.

ESPN reporting Meyer has been placed on administrative leave.

Not a lawyer -- how was this ignored if the police department was aware of and investigated both incidents?

Doubt Meyer gets fired.

Not a lawyer -- how was this ignored if the police department was aware of and investigated both incidents?

Doubt Meyer gets fired.

It appears to have been ignored by Ohio State.

But I also doubt Urb gets fired.

It appears to have been ignored by Ohio State.

But I also doubt Urb gets fired.
What more is O$U expected to do if the police are aware of, investigate, and no charges are filed?

9a27169517b069e7ccc2749d4d50ff4a.png

Jim Grobe is +10000 to be the OSU coach on September 1st.

Longshot, but I laughed when I saw he was actually on the list.

Schiano is -150!
Meyer is +180

Grobe available to step in?

He would punt on Michigan's 39 yard line and lose by 1 and later declare the game was "neat for the fans". And the Columbus fires would eclipse any known in modern history. So, no.

Jim Grobe is +10000 to be the OSU coach on September 1st.

Longshot, but I laughed when I saw he was actually on the list.

Schiano is -150!
Meyer is +180

What list?

He would punt on Michigan's 39 yard line and lose by 1 and later declare the game was "neat for the fans". And the Columbus fires would eclipse any known in modern history. So, no.

Lol. The Hernandez tag is good, too.

I’ll go with Urban “resigning.”

Lifelong Buckeye fan. Also was deeply involved getting a sibling out of a decade-long abusive relationship, which included sitting in a courtroom while my sister testified under oath about the hideous things her ex did to her.

I think Urban ends up w a one year suspension.

I feel sorry for the woman. Sadly, her past may seem relatively easy to live with compared to the character assasination that is surely coming her way from the OSU fanbase.

I feel sorry for the woman. Sadly, her past may seem relatively easy to live with compared to the character assasination that is surely coming her way from the OSU fanbase.

She should move to Michigan

Back