• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Urban Meyer Credibility Watch (NWT)

So if I'm an "enabler" and "protector" here, what does that make Courtney Smith's own mother?

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2018/08/95121/lynn-bruce-zach-smiths-mom-alleges-that-courtney-smith-vowed-to-take-zach-down-and-take-urban-meyer-down-with-him

Reached this afternoon, Tina Carano would only communicate via text messages and backed Lynn Bruce’s version.

When asked if she believed her daughter’s claims of physical abuse, she replied, “I believe that Zach was removing himself from an argument and I do not believe he intentionally abused her. I do not believe he actually intentionally swung or punched her … no.”

As far as ever hearing her daughter say she would “take Zach down,” she replied, “Yes.”

And when Meyer’s name was mentioned, she added, “I cannot quote her exact words as I don’t remember them word for word, but something to that extent. This is my daughter and I love her but I do not approve of what she has done and how it was done.”

Well that’s certainly an interesting turn of the worm.

tigers, that’s pretty low. Here’s the headline:

LYNN BRUCE, ZACH SMITH'S MOM, ALLEGES THAT COURTNEY SMITH VOWED TO “TAKE ZACH DOWN AND TAKE URBAN MEYER DOWN WITH HIM”

I know you’re a big O$U fan, but at least accurately represent the facts. Of course, Zach Smith’s mom and Earl Bruce’s daughter are going to stick up for Zach and O$U football.

tigers, that’s pretty low. Here’s the headline:

LYNN BRUCE, ZACH SMITH'S MOM, ALLEGES THAT COURTNEY SMITH VOWED TO “TAKE ZACH DOWN AND TAKE URBAN MEYER DOWN WITH HIM”

I know you’re a big O$U fan, but at least accurately represent the facts. Of course, Zach Smith’s mom and Earl Bruce’s daughter are going to stick up for Zach and O$U football.
durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Did you read anything besides the headline? This is a post I'd expect from RJ.

Carano really parsed her words. I don’t think that was particularly damning. Intentional or not, it’s bad. And of course a wife is going to take down an abusive husband. The big stuff in there is from Bruce and completely expected.

Carano really parsed her words. I don’t think that was particularly damning. Intentional or not, it’s bad. And of course a wife is going to take down an abusive husband. The big stuff in there is from Bruce and completely expected.

You called me out for something without even reading the article I posted. You were called out for being wrong in pretty amusing fashion. Your response is is a classic example of why people (not me) use the #undepheated tag.

I have no idea who/what to believe at this point about the Herman/Snook/Carano fiasco as well as Courtney Smith vs her mom/everyone else. It’s all a huge mess within a messed up family that people want to blame the figurehead for.

Urban is either back on the sidelines 9/8 vs Rutgers or 9/22 vs Tulane.

Both are low profile home games where the media circus can be controlled.

Next game after Rutgers is vs TCU in Arlington. Big to have him on the sidelines in TX for recruiting. And if you buy the side stories about Tom Hermann in the past week, it would be a great big Eff You to everyone in Austin.

Next game after Tulane is at PSU. Winner takes the lead in the B1G East and stays in the hunt for a playoff spot.

my bet - 2 games for conduct unbecoming of tO$U values (i.e. lying at media day).

All will be forgotten by Oct.1 - except for GameDay signs.

my bet - 2 games for conduct unbecoming of tO$U values (i.e. lying at media day).

All will be forgotten by Oct.1 - except for GameDay signs.

Very close. 3 games (all cupcakes). Be back in time for PSU. What a complete wiff by tOSU. At least the players know if they beat a bitch up the coach will look the other way. Could be a big recruiting tool for them.

Take whatever the over is in week 4 when Tulane plays @ OSU. Tulane may actually end the game with negative points. The GT vs Cumberland margin of victory could be in jeopardy.

They won't be as good as people think but no, not a cupcake. The point was, he will be back in time for conference play but thanks for putting me in my place. FO cheesedick

Three whole games for hiring a known spousal abuser. Then, while working for Meyer, there were nine other reports of abuse and Meyer did nothing.

Like to beat women, on probation or recently out of jail, call Urban!

Three whole games for hiring a known spousal abuser. Then, while working for Meyer, there were nine other reports of abuse and Meyer did nothing.

Like to beat women, on probation or recently out of jail, call Urban!

No surprising, knowing tOSU. But Meyer is tainted forever. Wouldn't send my kid to somewhere he's coaching.

Back