• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

*2018 Pit Fantasy Football League One* Season 9 - Playoffs?!

HailToTheDeacons

Fantasy Sheep Champion
Reaction score
Welcome back to the largest, greatest FFL ever conceived. The calendar has turned to August, and that means football. I'll update this post, and the ones below, in the coming weeks. In the interim,

1) Wakeforest22890, DeaconPeach, DeacHawk, and RaleighDeacon: congratulations on your promotion! Send me your e-mail address and I'll invite you to the big league.

2) When does everyone want to draft? I think we did the Wednesday night immediately before the Thursday opener for several years. But last year we switched to the prior Sunday.

League Roster

AnonymousDeac
BarcaDeac
bernbp5
CumberlandDeac
Deacsfan27
Eagles_Legendz
Ghostsurfer
HailToTheDeacons
redwing42
RevDeac06
Screamindemon3
wake20
WakeForest Fan
Wolf1297
YoungBuck95
Wakeforest22890 (Promoted from League 2)
DeaconPeach (Promoted from League 2)
DeacHawk (Promoted from League 2)
RaleighDeacon (Promoted from League 2)
Satan (5th place, League 2)

Relegated to League 2

Baller Deac
PhDeac
JamesSokolove
slothrop

Lost to Retirement
RollTheQuad06

Alternate List

Satan
jamesda3
BigTreeDeac
Wait Its Not Soccer
JamesSokolove

League Info
-The Draft is Wednesday, September 5th at 8:30pm ET
-The top 16 regular season teams will be re-invited to League One for the 2019 season. The bottom 4 regular season managers will be relegated to League 2 and will be replaced by the 4 semi-finalists from League 2. An alternate list will be created from the remaining League 2 playoff teams if it is necessary to replace a team for any reason.

Tiebreaking rules

Note: All four division winners will advance to the playoffs & the final four playoff spots will be filled with Wild Card teams. However, all 8 playoff teams will be seeded by overall standings.

Division Leader Tiebreakers
If two or more teams tie for the lead in a division, the following tiebreakers will be used to determine the division winner.
-Division winning percentage.
-Total fantasy points (season total).
-Fantasy points scored in last week's matchup.
-Fantasy points scored in the matchup two weeks prior.
-The comparison continues until the tie is broken or no more weeks remain to compare. At that time, a coin flip will settle the tie.

Wild Card Tiebreakers
If two or more teams tie for a wild-card (non-division leading) position, the following tiebreakers will be used to determine the standings
-Total fantasy points (season total).
-Fantasy points scored in last week's matchup.
-Fantasy points scored in the matchup two weeks prior.
-The comparison continues until the tie is broken or no more weeks remain to compare. At that time, a coin flip will settle the tie.

Last edited:
League History

Season 8 (2017) Champion: HailToTheDeacons, 2nd: wake20, 3rd: WakeForest Fan
Season 7 (2016) Champion: HailToTheDeacons, 2nd: slothrop, 3rd: YoungBuck95
Season 6 (2015) Champion: bernpb5, 2nd: Screamindemon3, 3rd: JamesSokolove
Season 5 (2014) Champion: slothrop, 2nd: Raleigh, 3rd: SD3
Season 4 (2013) Champion: RollTheQuad06, 2nd: AnonymousDeac, 3rd: Eagles_Legendz
Season 3 (2012) Champion: RaleighDeacon, 2nd: SteelCityDeac, 3rd: ThinkingWithMyDeac
Season 2 (2011) Champion: BillBrasky, 2nd: bernbp5, 3rd: wakeforest22890
Season 1 (2010) Champion: HailToTheDeacons, 2nd ILDeac, 3rd: WFUWaldo

2018 Divisions

Davis
1) HailToTheDeacons
8) Eagles_Legendz
9) RevDeac06
16) Wakeforest22890 (1st, League 2)
20) Satan (5th, League 2)

Kitchin
2) wake20
7) Screamindemon3
10) AnonymousDeac
15) BarcaDeac 
19) RaleighDeacon (4th, League 2)

Poteat
3) WakeForest Fan
6) Wolf1297 
11) redwing42 
14) CumberlandDeac 
18) DeacHawk (3rd, League 2)

Taylor
4) bernbp5
5) Ghostsurfer
12) Deacsfan27
13) YoungBuck95
17) DeaconPeach (2nd, League 2)

Last edited:
Reserve me as next up if one of the four promotions doesn't join. I think I was the last player relegated

Reserve me as next up if one of the four promotions doesn't join. I think I was the last player relegated

You can be next up after the four existing alternates. Link

The top 16 regular season teams will be re-invited to League One for the 2018 season. The bottom 4 regular season managers will be relegated to League 2 and will be replaced by the 4 semi-finalists from League 2. An alternate list will be created from the remaining League 2 playoff teams if it is necessary to replace a team for any reason.

And speaking of alternates, RTQ has withdrawn her team from the league. So, you've made the cut Satan. Send me your e-mail and I'll add you.

Nevermind ballerdeac can have my 5th alternate spot. I had forgotten how he got screwed.

RTQ, noooooooo.

I am in again this year. The later the draft the better, especially with such a big league.

In. A good chance I will be autodrafting, but surely I won't end up with CJ Spiller in the first round again, right?

I took it upon myself to create a "historical rankings" from League 1, based solely on top three finishes (since those stats are provided above in an easy format). I awarded 5 points for winning the league, 3 points for second, and 1 point for third - these may not be proportional awards, but going 10/5/1 or 10/5/3 didn't seem proportional either. Zero points for any other finish (didn't penalize or reward anyone for relegating/not relegating):

1. HailtotheDeacons - 15 points
2. Slothrop - 8 points
2. Raleigh - 8 points
2. Bernbp5 - 8 points
5. Brasky - 5 points
5. RTQ - 5 points
7. SD3 - 4 points
8. Wake20 - 3 points
8. Nonny - 3 points
8. SteelCity - 3 points
8. IlDeac - 3 points
12. WakeForest Fan - 1 point
12. YoungBuck95 - 1 point
12. JamesSokolove - 1 point
12. Legendz - 1 point
12. TWMD - 1 point
12. Numbers - 1 point
12. Waldo - 1 point

Since this is all made up and the points totally matter, I think relegating should reset your point total. Go ahead and take yourself off the list, chief.

And go ahead and dismiss the first season. There's not even a link to TOS, so it's probably fake news.

Ghost is IN for the WIN! I need some "historical" victories for posterity. Wednesday night (or most weeknights) work for me!

I took it upon myself to create a "historical rankings" from League 1, based solely on top three finishes (since those stats are provided above in an easy format). I awarded 5 points for winning the league, 3 points for second, and 1 point for third - these may not be proportional awards, but going 10/5/1 or 10/5/3 didn't seem proportional either. Zero points for any other finish (didn't penalize or reward anyone for relegating/not relegating):

1. HailtotheDeacons - 15 points
2. Slothrop - 8 points
2. Raleigh - 8 points
2. Bernbp5 - 8 points
5. Brasky - 5 points
5. RTQ - 5 points
7. SD3 - 4 points
8. Wake20 - 3 points
8. Nonny - 3 points
8. SteelCity - 3 points
8. IlDeac - 3 points
12. WakeForest Fan - 1 point
12. YoungBuck95 - 1 point
12. JamesSokolove - 1 point
12. Legendz - 1 point
12. TWMD - 1 point
12. Numbers - 1 point
12. Waldo - 1 point

There should be a special category for being in the league every single year without relegation while simultaneously not doing anything memorable.

Back