• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

*2018 Pit Fantasy Football League One* Season 9 - Playoffs?!

Have we considered making this an auction draft?

Think it’d be a lot more fair for the people who end up with back of round 1 draft slots. And obviously auction drafts are more fun than snake.

I'd be ok with it being an auction draft, so long as there is no relegation after this season. I've never done an auction draft before, so this is a purely selfish motive and I'm not afraid to admit it.

I've never done an auction draft, but I'm game. Are we deadset on Sept. 5 for the draft? I'll be on a plane coming back from Denver and doubt I'll be home in time to make an 8:30 draft that day.

I'd be ok with it being an auction draft, so long as there is no relegation after this season. I've never done an auction draft before, so this is a purely selfish motive and I'm not afraid to admit it.

This is me as well.

I’m Team Auction.

Are there any other opinions or voices of dissent?

I’ll be that guy and vote draft. 20 team draft was unique enough for me to distinguish this league from my others. Bidding against 19 other users is going to be the suck

I'd prefer draft but will do whatever.

Would auction punish those who can't attend the draft even more than serpentine?

Would auction punish those who can't attend the draft even more than serpentine?

yes

i also see screamins viewpoint. i'm fine with whatever.

20 people is unique, no question. And thus is enough to differentiate from my other leagues.

But that doesn’t make it more fair or fun vs auction. Seriously, auction with this group will be awesome.

The only downside I truly see is if people can’t make the draft. But if we give enough notice, should still be good. And if not, ppl snaking and getting the Derrida Guice and Hunter Henry’s is already automatic.

This way, either they don’t get bid or they get them for pretty cheap

Just voted, but I would prefer to do a snake draft. That's mostly on my own insecurities since I've never done auction and not sure how hard it would be with 20 teams.

This is me as well.

I’ll be that guy and vote draft. 20 team draft was unique enough for me to distinguish this league from my others. Bidding against 19 other users is going to be the suck

yes

i also see screamins viewpoint. i'm fine with whatever.

Just voted, but I would prefer to do a snake draft. That's mostly on my own insecurities since I've never done auction and not sure how hard it would be with 20 teams.

I think this is enough feedback to keep the snake draft this year. IMO, you want the vast majority of folks to be on board with a larger change, seeing as we don't have a formalized process for changing the league rules.

I think September 5 will actually be best for me for the draft anyway. We are coming back from Denver that day but I am supposed to land in Charlotte at 5 p.m. so I should be good for that Wednesday night. I voted, but if we have to do Sunday, Sept. 2 or Tuesday, Sept. 4 I can probably make that work from afar.

I like auctions, but a 20 team auction would take forever.

Not sure why people think a 20-person would take that much longer? It's not like the players are going to be going for significantly more and thus more bidding? Auction time is dependent upon # of roster slots, just like snake.

Maybe we do snake this year but agree on auction for next year?

I have a work obligation the night of the 4th. Can do any of the other options.

Back