• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Paul Donates $2.5 Million to Wake Basketball

I'm not an architect, but it doesn't feel like that should take $4M to do.

I'm not an architect, but it doesn't feel like that should take $4M to do.

The Haddock House cost $4.5 million so that actually sounds about right. I haven’t been inside but it’s not that big a building. I imagine most of the cost on a project like that is on the finishing touches to the actual building and all of the amenities inside the building, rather than the physical structure itself. I’m also not an architect though.

It's not news at KY, because it's been being done from the days of Adolph Rupp. KY's hookers are on staff and get pensions. :)

you'd rather wake spend $2.5 million on a fucking locker room?

Maybe it's just accounting wizardry.

But if the money is dedicated (on the books) to the locker room, well, locker rooms impress recruits. Many spent their formative years in rust bins with wooden benches and leaking or nonfunctional plumbing, rooms that smell like ancient sweat and fungus. Then they walk into a cathedral of tile, walnut, leather, televisions, lights and murals, with first class hot tubs and showers to boot. It makes an impression, and it makes a bad impression if Wake's locker room looks outdated and pedestrian after recruits tour Kentucky, Duke, Vandy, whomever.

Hopefully has nothing to do w lockerroom and will be allotted into 10 200K 5 star player bag drops over the next five years.

Maybe it's just accounting wizardry.

But if the money is dedicated (on the books) to the locker room, well, locker rooms impress recruits. Many spent their formative years in rust bins with wooden benches and leaking or nonfunctional plumbing, rooms that smell like ancient sweat and fungus. Then they walk into a cathedral of tile, walnut, leather, televisions, lights and murals, with first class hot tubs and showers to boot. It makes an impression, and it makes a bad impression if Wake's locker room looks outdated and pedestrian after recruits tour Kentucky, Duke, Vandy, whomever.

You rang?!?!

9212017.jpeg

Yep. Went on a tour of the baseball facility during homecoming. That place was sweet. Tons of nice furniture, TVs, games, etc. Would definitely see how recruits and players would love that place.

He said "one or two people" so who is the other? Hatch?

My guess is that he was referring to Wellman and only Wellman, but Dino has enough savvy to not say, "I’m not going to let the actions of one person taint my view of Wake Forest."

My guess is that he was referring to Wellman and only Wellman, but Dino has enough savvy to not say, "I’m not going to let the actions of one person taint my view of Wake Forest."

Exactly.

didn't some of the rumors of why he was fired have to do with taint?

Back