• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chris Paul Donates $2.5 Million to Wake Basketball

The line about not letting one or two people taint his view must have been edited out of the article. It's not in there now.

What are the odds that a former Army assistant would end up at West Forsyth HS? Small world and a very lucky coincidence for WF.

I hope Dino does well at Louisville.

Thanks for the donation, Chris.

The line about not letting one or two people taint his view must have been edited out of the article. It's not in there now.

What are the odds that a former Army assistant would end up at West Forsyth HS? Small world and a very lucky coincidence for WF.

I hope Dino does well at Louisville.

Thanks for the donation, Chris.

lol #Wellman'd

Yep. Went on a tour of the baseball facility during homecoming. That place was sweet. Tons of nice furniture, TVs, games, etc. Would definitely see how recruits and players would love that place.

Yes that place is cool. I love that Chris is doing this. Now if he could just buy the land at the corner of University at the football stadium and the Joel and do something with it, I'd be happy. That place is an eyesore.

I'm catching hell from my UNC friends who say that Paul's $2.5MM gift is a slap in the face from someone who is on a $160 million contract. They are all talking smack. Calling it a penance and embarrassment. On and on about how Wake shouldn't even have announced that gift because it is so low for someone with Paul's bucks.

I'm catching hell from my UNC friends who say that Paul's $2.5MM gift is a slap in the face from someone who is on a $160 million contract. They are all talking smack. Calling it a penance and embarrassment. On and on about how Wake shouldn't even have announced that gift because it is so low for someone with Paul's bucks.

Tell them the gift would have been larger, but CP kept his shoes rather than selling them.

In fact, by not going to UNC, he also kept his soul instead of selling it.

What a bunch of miserable losers.

Meanwhile, Carolina players are selling their shoes.

Who knows what Chris' priorities are. The UNC crowd needs to watch The Andy Griffith Show episode "Opie's Charity" to be reminded that some folks have better uses for their money than are obvious.

It’s the largest gift to the university by anyone under 35 IIRC.

Classy article from Dino. He may hold a grudge, but he does a good job of hiding it.

My advice is to get better friends.

Back