Page 8 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 1648

Thread: Official Champions League 2018/2019 - New & Improved: Arsenal AND Chelsea Free (NWT)

  1. #141
    Good to hear that PSG is running y'all into the ground. Looking forward to facing a tired Shite squad on Sunday.

  2. #142
    Scott "Rufio" Feather
    siff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Duchy of Cabarrus
    Posts
    17,698
    Quote Originally Posted by BillBrasky View Post
    Good to hear that PSG is running y'all into the ground. Looking forward to facing a tired Shite squad on Sunday.
    This

  3. #143
    Rusty Larue
    timdunkandthefunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    D.C. via Crimehurst
    Posts
    16,236
    Neymar was too good for the midfield. Time to batter Napoli.

  4. #144
    Phil Jones with an absolutely brilliant finish. Romero didn't stand a chance. Pure class.

  5. #145
    Scooter Banks
    DeacMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Go to the Elf's house. We're just a bit West of there.
    Posts
    7,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayettenam View Post
    Phil Jones with an absolutely brilliant finish. Romero didn't stand a chance. Pure class.
    The timing of his run to keep Valencia onside and then the acceleration to close down on the ball and then that sliding shot into the net - just a text book, clinical, finish. He really showed Lukaku how it is done there. World class.

  6. #146
    Schalke v City
    Atletico v Juve
    Manchester United v PSG
    Tottenham v Dortmund (this will be great)
    Lyon v Barcelona
    Roma v Porto (eh, meh)
    Ajax v Real Madrid (good draw for the holders)
    Liverpool v Bayern

    A few good ties. Should be fun all around.

    https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...d=2588294.html
    Runs with deer.

  7. #147
    Scooter Banks
    DeacMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Go to the Elf's house. We're just a bit West of there.
    Posts
    7,591
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Schalke v City
    Atletico v Juve
    Manchester United v PSG
    Tottenham v Dortmund (this will be great)
    Lyon v Barcelona
    Roma v Porto (eh, meh)
    Ajax v Real Madrid (good draw for the holders)
    Liverpool v Bayern

    A few good ties. Should be fun all around.

    https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...d=2588294.html
    Lots of good draws there. Lyon can play. All the English vs. German match ups will be really good. Roma and Porto will be entertaining. Atletico v. Juve should be solid. Oddly PSG v. Man U is probably the worst match up of the bunch.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacMan View Post
    Lots of good draws there. Lyon can play. All the English vs. German match ups will be really good. Roma and Porto will be entertaining. Atletico v. Juve should be solid. Oddly PSG v. Man U is probably the worst match up of the bunch.
    Eh, it will be fun to watch ManU get curb stomped by someone (again).

  9. #149
    Bring it on. Dortmund were the last European opponents at WHL and should be the first in the new digs.

  10. #150
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...mpions-league/

    538 model has 2 group winners as underdogs. Madrid and Dortmund both 44% chance to advance; Ajax and Spurs 56%.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by timthedeac View Post
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...mpions-league/

    538 model has 2 group winners as underdogs. Madrid and Dortmund both 44% chance to advance; Ajax and Spurs 56%.
    Surprising... But it seems they have Spurs ahead of BVB in the power rankings

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by deacondamo View Post
    Eh, it will be fun to watch ManU get curb stomped by someone (again).
    We've held powerhouse offences like West Ham and Brighton to just three goals.

    Best of luck to Mbappe, Neymar, and Cavani. They'll need it.
    Football. Bloody Hell.

  13. #153
    Neymar broke the same metatarsal he previously broke and will be out for both legs of the Manchester United tie. If he needs surgery he will be out for the rest of the year.
    Runs with deer.

  14. #154
    Clearly just didn't want to be put in Lindelofs pocket over 180 minutes. Took the smart way out and broke his foot instead.
    Football. Bloody Hell.

  15. #155
    PSG also just signed Leandro Paredes from Zenit. He was really good for Empoli and Roma before disappearing to Russia for a few years (I still thought he should have made their World Cup squad, but whatevs). Still only 24. I think he'll be eligible to play in the Champions League.

    Apparently Manuel Neuer had the same injury as Neymar and rebroke it and it basically kept him out for a year. Tough luck.
    Runs with deer.

  16. #156
    UEFA talking about scrapping the away goals rule for next season. Interesting.
    Runs with deer.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    UEFA talking about scrapping the away goals rule for next season. Interesting.
    they really have to get rid of away goals rules after extra time since only one club gets 30 extra minutes to score a goal that essentially counts as 1.5 goals.
    Football. Bloody Hell.

  18. #158
    Was it the League Cup where they had/have some weird rule where, like, away goals only counted if the score was still tied AFTER extra time?
    Runs with deer.

  19. #159
    that sounds familiar, yeah


    while reminiscing... can we bring back FA Semi-Final replays? And move semi-finals away from Wem-ber-ley to other neutral locations around England/Wales?
    Football. Bloody Hell.

  20. #160
    The neutral stadium thing was definitely cool. Except for Hillsborough, I guess.
    Runs with deer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •