• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Champions League 2018/2019 - New & Improved: Arsenal AND Chelsea Free (NWT)

Not sure why VVD let himself get pulled that wide there. Not over yet but man that first goal stinks.

Daniele Rugani from Juve tested positive for covid, though asymptomatic. Whole squad might have to go into quarantine for two weeks. Tough to see how any competition finishes this season. Crazy shit.

Well that sucked. Credit to Athletico for withstanding the pressure for 90 minutes.

Really dislike the away goals tie breaker in AET. Unfairly benefits the side playing away in the 2nd leg. I’d feel the same way if Pool were the beneficiaries of such a shitty rule.

Away goals in extra time is just stupid. Credit to Atlético and especially their keeper, didn't know he was that good. Spanish Karius fell apart in extra time unfortunately. Welp, guess we'll just have to settle for winning the league for the first time in 30 years

Liverpool clearly was the better squad but oh well. Can’t kick it right to the attacker in front of the goal.

Feel like Pool got done in by what happened with several Pep teams- running away with the league so easily and quickly they were no longer used to having to be at top form in the CL

What a bizarre game. Pool dominates for 95 minutes and then all goes to hell for 25 minutes.

Feel like Pool got done in by what happened with several Pep teams- running away with the league so easily and quickly they were no longer used to having to be at top form in the CL

Eh, I disagree. It wasn’t arrogance that put Liverpool out, it was a horribly shitty moment by the backup keeper that led to an overall breakdown. Pep’s Barca teams would go out telling themselves they did it the right way and lost to cynicism. Liverpool went out today because one person made a mistake and the rest of the team collectively shit the bed instead of pulling themselves past that mistake. The reaction to the goal was to a man ugly. I guess you could argue the success in the league and Europe in the last year fed into the reaction but I think it was just plain old mental fatigue/weakness in a 20 minute span.

Eh, I disagree. It wasn’t arrogance that put Liverpool out, it was a horribly shitty moment by the backup keeper that led to an overall breakdown. Pep’s Barca teams would go out telling themselves they did it the right way and lost to cynicism. Liverpool went out today because one person made a mistake and the rest of the team collectively shit the bed instead of pulling themselves past that mistake. The reaction to the goal was to a man ugly. I guess you could argue the success in the league and Europe in the last year fed into the reaction but I think it was just plain old mental fatigue/weakness in a 20 minute span.

Confused at you saying you disagree and following it up with that about Pep when that’s Klopp’s exact line today.

I wasn’t talking about arrogance or Barcelona though, was thinking Bayern. Bayern would have the league sewn up by January with Pep and then you just can’t get every guy to bring their best every game because the games just don’t matter (see any NBA game ever). Feel like Pool has been a bit off the pace the last few prem games I’ve seen as well. Think they took atletico with the utmost seriousness, they’re just understandably not at as high of a level as they were earlier in the season, and Atleti was a tough draw for them

Champions League draw was today. PSG got the best draw they could dream of.

Champions League draw was today. PSG got the best draw they could dream of.

On paper, PSG got the best draw they could dream of. However, with them not being in action for five months could hurt them quite a bit, as the Spanish, Italian and English leagues have all been playing games while France cancelled the rest of their season. That's a good bit of rust to shake off to go straight into Champions League games.

Atalanta are a perfect 6 wins from 6 since they started playing again with 15 goals scored.

I wouldn't want to play them if they can keep everyone on the pitch.

MY ALATANTAS are going to smash PSG, who will not have played a game in five months.

Honestly if you're not watching them right now, you're missing out. Atalanta is the most entertaining team in Europe. I didn't watch much Serie A before the break, but I'm locked in now. Their matches have been far more interesting than the PL, which has been a snooze fest.

Guess you missed United becoming the first Premier League team ever to win four straight matches by 3 or more goals?

MixedPerfectGrebe-size_restricted.gif

Back