• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Champions League 2018/2019 - New & Improved: Arsenal AND Chelsea Free (NWT)

Haven't watched the whole game yet (DVR'd) but excited to do so after seeing some of the highlights/write-ups.

After seeing Dortmund implode against Hoffenheim in the last 15 minutes over the weekend, I had some hope for yesterday, but never in my wildest dreams would have predicted 3 nil.

Maybe Spurs are really just good?

They have had their best EPL start ever. Just a testament to how good City and LFC have been to be ahead. Had any of these teams put together these 3 runs 3-4 seasons ago, they'd have locked it up already.

They have had their best EPL start ever. Just a testament to how good City and LFC have been to be ahead. Had any of these teams put together these 3 runs 3-4 seasons ago, they'd have locked it up already.

That is the Spurs Story.

Obviously imperfect since points would have been allocated differently across the board in different seasons but just for context: Spurs are on pace for 87-88 points this year yet sit in 3rd place, barely being mentioned in the title race.

88 points would have would have won the PL (in this scenario, would have been more than the second place team earned) in 24 of 26 seasons* and is more than the actual champions earned in 14 of those.

* In 1994/1995, 88 points would have tied United for second place and in 11/12, both United and City finished on 89 points. Those are the only two seasons 88 points wouldn't have been more than second place.

I'm not surprised they are in the top 3 right now as I viewed City, Pool and Spurs as the only teams with a roster that could win the title this year. And I suspect others did as well.

In my view the fact these three teams have so many points says more about the state of some other teams that are normally in better shape than it does about Spurs facing hard luck to have that many points and not be in front. We all knew City was going to remain really tough. We all knew Liverpool was going to be strong. Did anyone really look at Arsenal or Man Utd. or Chelsea and think there's a team that top to bottom is going to be really solid? And the middle and bottom of this league right now looks pretty chaotic.

What is a bit of a surprise to me is how Spurs have shrugged off some really tough injuries.

I think most folks view this as City vs. Pool and I do tend to agree. But there are some really big games remaining. Man Utd. in particular could play a spoiler for City and Pool and Spurs does have a game to go against Pool. Just think chasing two teams is a different animal than trying to chase down only one.

Last edited:
What is a bit of a surprise to me is how Spurs have shrugged off some really tough injuries.

This was the big surprise for me too. Don't count Spurs out as they have games left with both City and LFC. Those matches will determine who ends up on top.

Lovren not in training today, the word was he was going to need to make it today to have a chance tomorrow. Sounds almost certain it will be Fabinho and Matip in central defense tomorrow. Wijnaldum should be good to go, and I think Shaqiri was the only other non-long term doubt, so I need to see if he's in any training pics/footage today. I'd love to see Keita get the start, but my best guess is he goes with his "big game" midfield three of Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum, and the back four of Trent A-A, Fabinho, Matip, Robertson.

edit - Shaqiri training, so he should be available.

Last edited:
Live stretching!

Lovren not in training today, the word was he was going to need to make it today to have a chance tomorrow. Sounds almost certain it will be Fabinho and Matip in central defense tomorrow. Wijnaldum should be good to go, and I think Shaqiri was the only other non-long term doubt, so I need to see if he's in any training pics/footage today. I'd love to see Keita get the start, but my best guess is he goes with his "big game" midfield three of Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum, and the back four of Trent A-A, Fabinho, Matip, Robertson.

Twitter saying that Firmino is nowhere to be seen at training. No bueno.

And I was wondering if it was Hoever or Christie-Davies, but I guess being short in defense should have made that obvious. Good to see AOC back, even if this was just light stretching/jogging.

Seems most signs point to Studge getting the start if Bobby can't go. I'm a little surprised to think that we wouldn't move Mo to the point and let Shaq slide in out wide. That being said, Shaq has had a niggle, so maybe not ready for a full 90 yet. I'd much rather see Keita over Millie simply based on the idea that we need to score goals tomorrow before the return leg.

Sturridge for Firmino worked out alright for that first time against PSG, although they were able to bring Firmino on to win it, so I hope he's still available at least for a sub.

I'd like to see Keita as well. He's just found his form the last game or two and needs to keep playing. I'd sit Milner.

I'm not surprised they are in the top 3 right now as I viewed City, Pool and Spurs as the only teams with a roster that could win the title this year. And I suspect others did as well.

In my view the fact these three teams have so many points says more about the state of some other teams that are normally in better shape than it does about Spurs facing hard luck to have that many points and not be in front. We all knew City was going to remain really tough. We all knew Liverpool was going to be strong. Did anyone really look at Arsenal or Man Utd. or Chelsea and think there's a team that top to bottom is going to be really solid? And the middle and bottom of this league right now looks pretty chaotic.

I think most folks view this as City vs. Pool and I do tend to agree. But there are some really big games remaining. Man Utd. in particular could play a spoiler for City and Pool and Spurs does have a game to go against Pool. Just think chasing two teams is a different animal than trying to chase down only one.

Spurs still have to travel to both City and Pool. City and Pool both still have to travel to Old Trafford. So plenty of big games left and of course they all have to avoid dropping points to the rest of the field.

April will also get chaotic if they make UCL quarterfinals (and City still in FA Cup). I think City has the depth to juggle multiple competitions in the last 2 months. Not sure that Pool or Spurs do, and losing earlier in the Champions League could be a blessing in disguise for their Premier League odds.

Alisson; Trent A-A, Matip, Fabinho, Robertson; Wijnaldum, Henderson, Keita; Salah, Firmino, Mane.

Nice. Keita gets the start and Firmino recovers; about the best one could hope for.

This always confuses me. If I’m watching at a bar, the game is on TNT. But if I’m going to stream, it’s B/R Live app.

Is that right?

I think TNT only has one game live, so even if you were at a bar and wanted to watch Barcelona/Lyon, you couldn't. But today they have Liverpool/Bayern on and it will also be streaming live on the TNT site. I think the only way to see Barcelona/Lyon live and legal in the states is through the B/R app. But I think you can also still purchase the Liverpool match on the B/R app? It is weird for sure.

Back