• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Champions League 2018/2019 - New & Improved: Arsenal AND Chelsea Free (NWT)

well, it's not a cold night in Stoke, but a brace in Wembley will do

Napoli was better, could have been more. Liverpool looked a little jaded. I hope it’s not too bad with Keita, and really hope Fabinho gets up to speed and is ready to be a regular after the international break, I have a bad feeling the midfield might become a bit of an issue. Damn I wish Fekir had happened, maybe they can revisit, or the kid from Cagliari is a legit link and a legit player.

Front three still not quite clicking, but this was the first time they didn’t look dangerous. Allan and Koulibaly were great.

Observations:

-absolutely brilliant performance from Barcelona midfield, forwards and Alba
-Poch has a magnificent hairline
-Very well taken goal by Kane and excellent strike from Lamela
-ref got pretty into the Tottenham comeback from the 80th minute till Messi's goal
-Arthur having his own little version of Xavi's spin move has me very excited

Spurs missed Vertonghen badly. Alderweireld is ... ugh. He's not even close to the same player he was before the knee injury and Sanchez is better on the right side. That was not a good pairing last night.

Kane is a monster who has been brilliant in his CL career.

Busquets and Suarez are absolute shits and I cannot imagine cheering for either.

Messi is fairly good at the sport of association football. Who knew?

Lamela has been Spurs best player to this point of the season.

Missing Eriksen and Dele is obviously huge, but Spurs attack was actually quite good. The midfield/defense injuries are far worse.

That blown 88th minute lead in Milan really, really hurts. Spurs need a lot of help to advance now.

besides dominating you, lil busi and Suarez didn't do anything untoward to spurs. Sour grapes womp womp

congrats that the european soccer team you randomly picked because they are good won

Alisson; Trent A-A, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson; Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri; Mane, Firmino, Salah (might end up looking like a 4-2-3-1 I guess) for Liverpool against Red Star today. Plug in Keita for Shaqiri (and maybe Oxlade-Chamberlain for Wijnaldum) and that is what I'd like to see regularly by the end of the season.

Guessing Van Dijk is captaining, but haven't seen confirmation.

Last edited:
rather finish dead last at this point. Europa with this tired, injured squad would be a disaster for our top-4 hopes.

It does look like a 4-2-3-1 for Liverpool, but with Salah as the most advanced striker, Firmino as the 10, and Shaqiri wide right.

Napoli up early?!?!

Shaqiri is soooo much better than his body and look would lead you to believe.

Looks like Dortmund murdered Atleti. My boys are on fire right now.

Last edited:
Napoli up early?!?!

Shaqiri is soooo much better than his body and look would lead you to believe.

Yeah, he's been coming on and dropping bombs when given the chance lately. That first goal is pretty much how you draw it up: turnover in the opponent's final third(ish), two passes, cutback, goal. I've never been a huge fan, but the midfield/attack definitely needs that at the moment. If he and Sturridge can keep on being wildcards/rotation options, that'd be great. Sturridge looked pretty good in the last 15 yesterday - great assist for Mane, should have had another had Lallana not shit it.

Top of the group after 3 is not bad.

Back