• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Champions League 2018/2019 - New & Improved: Arsenal AND Chelsea Free (NWT)

And Mahrez won the Premier League at Leicester as their best (2nd best at worst, IMO {could have been Kante best}) player.

Pep gets full credit on Foden tho, although the kid has always shown talent. Man United supporting dad and the club let him slip through the cracks and end up at Man City. Glazers, that.

Zinchenko is just a fine player, for me. Pep will buy to upgrade on him. Guaranteed.

Oof. Dude. Come the fuck on!

Let's start up the "oh no, oh no, oh no no no no no" TikTok track

About the only good thing about having no fans in the stands is you can sometimes hear what the players say to each other. Di Maria called him a son of a bitch in Spanish and then added the foul for good measure. Wish I could hear want the Fernandinho said to set him off.

2 really nice goals on the counter today.

Foden, Mahrez, Gundogan, and Zinchenko are all much better players than they were a couple seasons ago. Dias is a monster.

Not a bad roster when you can rotate in Aguero, Sterling, and Jesus.

When Dias and Stones play together City has lost once and tied once all season.

Foden has some serious ability to switch gears and eat up space quickly. That half turn, push out into space and post shot was ridiculous. And how he got to that ball he crossed on goal 2 before the defender is beyond me. Huge potential and the type of player you can build a national team around.

DeacMan:

Would you rather Boca Juniors win the Argentina Primeria AND the Copa Libertores

OR

Manchester City win the Premier League, FA Cup, and European Cup?

You have to chose one. Which is your club. (I already know the answer)

And Mahrez won the Premier League at Leicester as their best (2nd best at worst, IMO {could have been Kante best}) player.

Pep gets full credit on Foden tho, although the kid has always shown talent. Man United supporting dad and the club let him slip through the cracks and end up at Man City. Glazers, that.

Zinchenko is just a fine player, for me. Pep will buy to upgrade on him. Guaranteed.

Wasn’t trying to diminish the players that Gundogan and Mahrez were two years ago. There’s obviously a reason City bought them. But 2 years ago Sterling and Sane were ahead of Mahrez, and both of them have slipped in form and he scored 3 goals in a UCL semifinal tie.

I think you’re selling Zinchenko short. The first leg completely changed when he came in for Cancelo. I’m sure money can buy you a better left back but he’s leaps and bounds ahead of where he was a couple seasons ago.

Wasn’t trying to diminish the players that Gundogan and Mahrez were two years ago. There’s obviously a reason City bought them. But 2 years ago Sterling and Sane were ahead of Mahrez, and both of them have slipped in form and he scored 3 goals in a UCL semifinal tie.

I think you’re selling Zinchenko short. The first leg completely changed when he came in for Cancelo. I’m sure money can buy you a better left back but he’s leaps and bounds ahead of where he was a couple seasons ago.

I'm sorry, what are we even discussing here?

When I look at City's squad I don't think of left back as some glaring hole. They will no doubt want to add depth as many places as they can but with a host of older players leaving from the midfield and up front the big business is going to be done elsewhere.

When I look at City's squad I don't think of left back as some glaring hole. They will no doubt want to add depth as many places as they can but with a host of older players leaving from the midfield and up front the big business is going to be done elsewhere.

Man City have already spent 500 Million Euros on defense since Pep became manager in 2016.

HALF A BILLION EUROS. And he will spend big there again this summer. Guaranteed.

Cancelo is a natural RB, not LB. Zinchenko is just an alright player but leaves a lot to be desired, IMO. Mendy isn't the answer Pep was hoping for either, so he will spend big for his LB this summer. It's literally what he does each summer.

Guardiola signings for Man City defense:
Player
Position
Season

Signed from
Transfer fee (million €)
Ruben Dias
Center back
2020-21
Benfica (Portugal)
Joao Cancelo
Right back
2019-20
Juventus (Italy)
Aymeric Laporte
Center back
2017-18
Athletic Bilbao (Spain)
Benjamin Mendy
Left back
2017-18
Monaco (France)
John Stones
Center back
2016-17
Everton (England)
Kyle Walker
Right back
2017-18
Tottenham (England)
Nathan Ake
Center back
2020-21
Bournemouth (England)
Ederson
Goalkeeper
2017-18
Benfica (Portugal)
Danilo
Right back
2017-18
Real Madrid (Spain)
Claudio Bravo
Goalkeeper
2016-17
Barcelona (Spain)
Angelino
Left back
2019-20
PSV (Netherlands)

Manchester City has spent over €1b in transfers since the summer of 2016 alone, and have recuperated just €375m back in player sales.

Meanwhile, the Glazer ownership has cost Manchester United over €1b in interest, dividends, etc. and the club is still over €500m in debt. The club has also spent "only" just over €1b since the Glazers took control of the club. In 2005.

The fact that Ole has us as close to City as we are in in 2nd place is quite an accomplishment.

Man City have already spent 500 Million Euros on defense since Pep became manager in 2016.

HALF A BILLION EUROS. And he will spend big there again this summer. Guaranteed.

Cancelo is a natural RB, not LB. Zinchenko is just an alright player but leaves a lot to be desired, IMO. Mendy isn't the answer Pep was hoping for either, so he will spend big for his LB this summer. It's literally what he does each summer.

Guardiola signings for Man City defense:
Player
Position
Season

Signed from
Transfer fee (million €)
Ruben Dias
Center back
2020-21
Benfica (Portugal)
Joao Cancelo
Right back
2019-20
Juventus (Italy)
Aymeric Laporte
Center back
2017-18
Athletic Bilbao (Spain)
Benjamin Mendy
Left back
2017-18
Monaco (France)
John Stones
Center back
2016-17
Everton (England)
Kyle Walker
Right back
2017-18
Tottenham (England)
Nathan Ake
Center back
2020-21
Bournemouth (England)
Ederson
Goalkeeper
2017-18
Benfica (Portugal)
Danilo
Right back
2017-18
Real Madrid (Spain)
Claudio Bravo
Goalkeeper
2016-17
Barcelona (Spain)
Angelino
Left back
2019-20
PSV (Netherlands)

STAY AWAY FROM DIGNE

Ummmm a referee shouldn't be saying those things to any player or any side, regardless of the final score.

You can be such an obtuse dunce sometimes, ya Marxist.

Never trust a Dutchman.

In all seriousness, he deserves a permanent UCL ban if indeed he cursed at players.

Ummmm a referee shouldn't be saying those things to any player or any side, regardless of the final score.

You can be such an obtuse dunce sometimes, ya Marxist.

No shit sherlock. Doesn't mean it isn't funny that PSG's one big beef post game was with the ref lipping off at them after they spent the last 30 minutes of the game committing obvious fouls and then whining at the ref when he called them.

Manchester City has spent over €1b in transfers since the summer of 2016 alone, and have recuperated just €375m back in player sales.

Meanwhile, the Glazer ownership has cost Manchester United over €1b in interest, dividends, etc. and the club is still over €500m in debt. The club has also spent "only" just over €1b since the Glazers took control of the club. In 2005.

The fact that Ole has us as close to City as we are in in 2nd place is quite an accomplishment.

Man United, purveyors of Dave Odom's "The End Is Not The Trophy"

Chelsea should have had 2 more by now but it's looking like just a matter of time. Madrid have no energy or movement when they have the ball, spending their whole possession trying to figure out how to cross midfield

Back