• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Suspect Arrested in Deadly Punch of NYC Wedding Guest in Uber Ride Mix-Up: NYPD

I've been hoping that Jones was going to be killing it on the recruiting trail but not this way.

Not exactly the representation we seek from our coaches.

Sheeeeeeiiiiiit

Wow. This certainly tests the "no such thing as bad publicity" adage.

Man, the hits just keep on coming. Sounds like a sad situation all the way around.

That’s a horrible story.

Similar incident happened to a high school friend of mine, except he was the one that died.

Didn’t watch the video yet.

the video on the NY Post site is just a surveillance camera showing Jones walking past; not of the incident

terrible situation but sounds like Jones intervened?

Szabo was banging on multiple cars including Jones’ prior to the incident, sources said.

A local resident came outside amid the ruckus and Szabo punched that person in the face, according to the sources.

Jones then slugged the 35-year-old Szabo in the head causing him to fall to the ground and hit his head on the pavement. He later died from his injuries.

Guy had it coming. Not death, but getting punched to debilitate him from further dangerous conduct. Some kind of defense ought to be available in a case like this but you never know how it'll play out in court.

the video on the NY Post site is just a surveillance camera showing Jones walking past; not of the incident

terrible situation but sounds like Jones intervened?

Szabo was banging on multiple cars including Jones’ prior to the incident, sources said.

A local resident came outside amid the ruckus and Szabo punched that person in the face, according to the sources.

Jones then slugged the 35-year-old Szabo in the head causing him to fall to the ground and hit his head on the pavement. He later died from his injuries.
I don't see that in the NY Post article looking at it now. Seems like they keep editing it.

Les says Jones was at the CP3 event 2 days ago and this happened last weekend. Damn.

I guess you'd assert a "defense of others" from deadly force in order to justify your intervention, and that would seem pretty strong under the facts we know now. But this is NY and it's a Leftist venue where people don't like defenses to deadly assaults -- although the racial card doesn't appear to work against him.

I don't see that in the NY Post article looking at it now. Seems like they keep editing it.

interesting - I'm hoping the quick defense thing is true, because of course we haven't seen much defense on the co...sorry, too soon

Guessing he was in Queens to see Cole Anthony.

yeah, the old adage applies that not a lot of good things happen at 1:00 am, especially if you're sitting in your car in the street

need more details, of course

Back